575 Technical Thread | Page 48 | FerrariChat

575 Technical Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Jun 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kscarguy007

Kscarguy007 Rookie

Feb 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tom Truong
    Keep us updated.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Expect to pay about $30-50K for a conversion to 3 pedals assuming you can find some used 550 parts for a good part of the conversion. Daytona Spyder conversions are worth about what a coupe is worth. Not sure if the 575M will follow that pattern, but if the conversion is done well by pros, no reason why it should cause a decrease in value.

3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Believe it or not I got a quote from a shop in NJ that had done it before for $30k which I assumed was negotiable but you are correct it did indeed involve some 550 parts. This weekend should be the barometer of what such a car is worth bc the one at mecum will be the first I've ever seen that sold.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LA0218-327653/2002-ferrari-575-maranello/

4. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Is that car described as a conversion?

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Taz, do you believe there is any liability on the seller or on Mecum if someone were to come in and pay say $300k+ for that car this weekend and then find out it was a conversion down the road. I have a feeling mecum doesn't know due to the fact they probably don't look back at VIN numbers and/or the seller didn't disclose it. I don't know what the car is worth but there is no way its worth as much as a factory 6 speed. Just curious what would happen in such a scenario.

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    mecum knows its a conversion

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Then why doesn't the listing say it?

Kscarguy007 likes this.
  9. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    good question

10. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Hypothetical: does a seller need to mention anything that is not factory original? For example, seats, paint, carpet, radio, door panels, bumper covers, wheels, shocks, ECU changes, dash board leather, exhaust system, etc ?

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, Mecum could be wide open to a lawsuit for misrepresentation. Suppose I should drop them a note just in case.

All anyone has to do to confirm a Ferrari's original equipment is to ask a dealer to print a build sheet or option sheet.

12. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i think they are pretty well protected via experiences with muscle cars - matching number etc. they make no claims with regards to the vehicles and rely on seller disclosures per the paperwork i have seen.

i wouldnt think the seller needs to disclose anything. it's a 20XX 575. nuff said. does it says original, factory, ?

it's when you falsely disclose stuff that you get into trouble

caveat emptor ?

now if the seller was claiming it was factory and mecum knew differently and still sold it as such that is a diff issue

but i have previously emailed them on the car and nothing has changed since on the listing page

13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It has to be noted bc if it wasn't and this car sold for say $300k then there would be a flood of us whose cars are worth $120k paying the $30k or so to convert the car and flip it for $150k profit. I love my 575 but $150k profit and im selling mine and buying every single one i can get my hands on. The manual 575s trade for their price bc there are so few of them, this car is really cool but no way should a buyer think he's buying a factory car and pay $300k+ for it.

14. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I would guess that the sales documents have wording that eliminates the seller’s liability on disclosure.

15. Kscarguy007

Kscarguy007 Rookie

Feb 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tom Truong
    So if that cars sells high than theee cars will go for much much more money since people would do the the gate conversion. Talk about a double edge sword

16. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Buyer beware? Wrong. I have a good friend who bought an exotic car well into six figures at an auction of one of the major auction companies. Car was misrepresented, issues not disclosed in the auction catalog description and the result is major litigation against both the seller AND the auction company. The case is wending its way through trial and appellate courts.

17. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    appellate courts meaning he lost the case and is now appealing............

Information found on the website is presented as advance information for the auction lot. Photos, materials for videos, descriptions and other information are provided by the consignor/seller and is deemed reliable, but Mecum Auction does not verify, warrant or guarantee this information. The lot and information presented at auction on the auction block supersedes any previous descriptions or information. Mecum is not responsible for information that may be changed or updated prior to the auction. The decision to purchase should be based solely on the buyers personal inspection of the lot at the auction site prior to the auction.

18. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    wrong again - other way around

19. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    it's only maybe wrong once as i stated buyer beware QUESTION mark ;)

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    ya but the bottom line is somebody who pays potentially $400k with that nice custom luggage, if they were to pay that and then find out that its not really a 6 speed but an F1 that was converted, they might be furious and it could be a mess for everyone. Would just make things alot easier if Mecum says its a conversion. Hell someone bought a f1 575 yesterday for $84k + fees on BaT imagine this sells for $300k+ that guy could convert his $84k car for $30k and turn around and make $150k+. Its not that easy man, its not. Mecum, if they know, and aren't saying anything, especially knowing the price variance of 6 speed vs F1 cars, thats just wrong. Then again, how do we know that they know?

The seller is member psarofim on here,

21. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina

Blitz88 likes this.
  22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ronald McDonald's 575M, but looks like a nice one and post-52556. Aftermarket stereo. Without the red on top of the steering wheel, an attractive interior to me.

Late model 575Ms could be had with the Superamerica style two tone steering wheel.

23. Kscarguy007

Kscarguy007 Rookie

Feb 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tom Truong
    Any results for the 575 that was correct converted to a manual?

24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It got $220k but reserve wasn't met, alot of people are saying it was a shill bid but I dont think so bc bids came in at $170k, $180k, $200k, $220k so unless there were tons of shill bidders, someone wanted it.

Attached Files:

Kscarguy007 likes this.