Maserati cuts production and workers hours 60% | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Maserati cuts production and workers hours 60%

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Robb, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I was looking at several cars and given this is my favorite wheel, they all had them :)

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #52 staatsof, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018

The Giulia is much smaller and less luxurious inside. Keep in mind that an awful lot of Ghiblis got sent here in a very plain jane configuration. Way too many with white/silver/back & black interiors. Same with the Alfa SUV.

I like it in blue and the Zenga interior looks pretty sharp.

http://www.caricos.com/cars/m/maserati/2017_maserati_levante/images/76.html

3. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Yes, what you are saying is true. But..... My statement was that the Giulia was a better “value” that a Ghibli because of the price difference and what you get for the money.

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Ghibli and Giulia Quadrifolio might compete against each other due to similar prices but the Giulia Quad from most accounts is the better car in almost every category other than weight/luxury :) The Ghibli needs some work. I do like the front of the Ghibli a lot better than the Giulia wich looks like they ran it into a wall. I hate the chopped front ends and prefer more overhang like on the Ghibli.

5. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

The Giulia has gotten many excellent reviews and it’s Nurburgring time is astounding. I would chose the Giulia over a Ghibli for myself, but it is not to everyone’s taste for luxury or size. If you have long legs and put the Giulia driver’s seat far back, you can turn your head left and look directly at the B pillar. Watch Jeremy Clarkson review the Giulia and demonstrate the B pillar location. It is hysterical.

6. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Maseratis, let's face it, once the GranTurismo and GranCabrio go all we have left are FCA's replacement for the now defunct FIAT badged cars, and even those are powered by Ferrari-built engines. Maserati in name only with no Modenese soul.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Maserati has given its two-door, sporty drop-top and its coupe sibling a few tweaks for 2018.

The Italian brand is looking to keep the GranCabrio and GranTurismo duo fresh with an updated look that features a new front-end with a chrome surround hexagonal grille, revised LED daytime running lights and bi-xenon headlights along with several minor touches to the front splitter and air ducts. Maserati has also re-worked the rear bumper.

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/updated-maserati-coupe-and-convertible-revealed-117284.html?trackLink=articleResultsHeroNews

9. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Yes, apparently a big one considering his problem with egress from the Giulia.

10. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    They also need to replace the engine since the current one is an antique in today's terms.

11. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    I could be wrong, but hasn’t production of the current generation of the GranTurismo already ended? Original production of the revised 2018 model year was supposed to be only a few months(2-4 months max). Dealers were told to order enough cars to carry them through 18 months before the new GranTurismo was available. That was in the Q3 of 2017.

Robb likes this.
  12. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

I think he's one of the biggest arseholes on the planer but ... that's a potenionaly a big problem. Blind spots like that are quite literally killers.

Maybe they missed something on the original design? And I'm a huge fan of the car.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I was told the same thing at Ferrari of Scottsdale - Fall 2017.

Robb

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #65 arizonaitalian, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    I've 3-4 on the road here in Scottsdale. They look nice (and, yup I have to look twice to determine if its an Infinity or a Maser). That said, there are several waiting for buyers at the dealer when I've been there. Like all Maserati's, big discounts from MSRP are either already here or coming soon.

15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Any news media using such language is gutter press, not worthy of being read. There is a general drop, not to say collapse in the standards of what people read and trust in terms of so called news, truly appalling. As a journalist, historian and author since 1992 I hope this will not start in the automotive press. So I am not even going to click on that. If it makes me sound like an old curmudgeon that is perfectly fine.

17. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
  18. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Marc, I agree with your sentiment but in this case that was (unfortunately) a direct quote from SM. From the article:

"Very poor execution. I think we sucked at the launch of the Levante," said the CEO.

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks Terry, disappointing of him but not surprising...I thought the initial launch of the Levante by Wester at the Geneva how a few years ago was quite good but I am not focused on recent new vehicles.

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    SM is such a classy guy :)

21. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005