Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well, in about two weeks, y'all will see this one sitting next to my Blu NART '99 in the stable :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Well done

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  4. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Good man.! Great purchase. Once you get it, post some pictures if you don't mind.

5. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It was either to be a 550 Maranello I had PPI'd in NJ but had issues and the seller wasn't willing to come down on the price to rectify so this had to be the consolation prize. That deal was way too good to pass up. Spoke with F of Seattle and they knew the car instantly. Pretty much said the owner dropped the car off and was carte blanche on every service visit and was an uber meticulous owner. Net net, a good car and a hell of a price.

And pics to follow for sure! Now just need to shuffle everything around to make room. In the midst of left side radiator replacement on my 355 and was preparing to drop the engine on the 348 and do t-belts on my 'other' 456. Guess those may get put on hold for a few while I enjoy a pre-sorted Ferrari for once in my lifetime!

Il Tifoso likes this.
  6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well done, sir. I do love the color!!

7. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ahh, the racer's dream. Arrive and drive!! Have a blast!!

bergxu likes this.
  8. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
  9. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I believe that Artcultural 456M sold for 100k US all in. Less than I might have thought. There's a list of all the cars sold in the vintage thread.

10. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Sweet!

11. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
  12. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    What do you all think about colors. Do you think that a darker color will make the car sell faster rather than say silver. I love the silver, but it's not a deep color and I think the dark colors look better. I just wonder if that translates into higher prices or quicker sales.

13. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Color is the most subjective of aesthetics and some cars designs look right in some colors and not as good in others. We all pretty much know that.

Having said as much, I think the 456 carries darker colors better. I have seen a picture of a 456 in white and, in spite of having had and presently have some white cars, it just didn't seem to fit. Argento Nurburgring looks fine on a 456, just not terribly special. And the overall presentation I think depends greatly on the interior. One I seriously looked at was Argento and had a crema interior with Daytona seats. Black seems to work well. Tan, not at all for me.
    The gray metallics, particularly darker shades work well with the car and some here have some the praises of Cannil de Fucile, a shade I haven't seen in person. Again, another car that came close was in Grigio Metallizato with a black interior. The car looked good, but it also didn't terribly stand out simply because there are so many different cars in dark gray metallic with a black interior (like my Cayman actually...). I ended up with the dark TdF blue metallic and a tan interior. I also equally like the Verde British Racing and Verde Mugalo, both of which had tan interiors.

I think the darker colors present the design better. If that is generally perceived as so, then the sales rate will be slightly better and the prices ever so slightly better. But there is a buyer for every color, personal taste being as it is. I doubt the difference is all that much. On the other hand, every dealer written ad says "presented in the highly desirable xxxxxx". YMMV.

14. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    A big difference, I find, is in the wheels. The darker colours suit the 17" OEM wheels, but they look a bit silly on the lighter shades. Not sure why. I found my Argento Nurburging's apprearance improved massively when I put the 575 wheels on.

15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  16. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  17. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    davidoloan and Il Tifoso like this.
  19. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    That’s one big banana!!

Il Tifoso and Laserguru like this.
  20. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    one thing it does do... it gets attention! I don't think it's as ugly as you all do, but no I would not buy one, well unless you cut the price enough.

21. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks fine to me. Not helped by being photographed in a cramped space.

PhilB likes this.
  22. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Not my cup of tea either, but I don't dislike it, I think that the photography does not do it justice, taken out into the right environment and seen live it may well be both striking and beautiful. (My experience with E-types as well: they look GREAT in ALL colours! ;)

Seems to be in fine condition, but again it's automatic. So fine for someone who wants one like that. I don't. And not that I would need another car...I need to work on the ones I have. And drive them! :D

23. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Color - GTA - US. No car for a reasonable sale in Europe.