Worlds Most Amazing Drives | FerrariChat

Worlds Most Amazing Drives

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by 4right, Feb 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Have you ever been traveling and found some of the most amazing roads only to wish that you had your prancing horse with you so that the roads could be enjoyed to the fullest? Well that happens to me often and yesterday was just another perfect example. I was traveling on business to Christchurch, New Zealand and spent Saturday driving up to Arthur's Pass which is approximately a 1.5 hours drive West towards the NZ Alps. An absolutely amazing combination of twists and turns as you navigate up and through the mountains. Hopefully, others will post their recommendations and favourites places on earth to drive so that everyone can prepare in advance for an upcoming trip that they may have scheduled. Here is my first recommendation:

Spider68 likes this.
  2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    2 years ago drove Christchurch to Queenstown and back with a stop at Mt Cook.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Awesome.

Would have been even better in one of my Ferraris!

Even if the speed limit is way too low!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. martinofoz

martinofoz Rookie

Dec 1, 2012
    Aussie
    Agree
    I used to live there and fav ride was Chch over Arthur’s Pass to west Coast then up to Westport and back via Lewis pass
    on my GSXR750. Great roads, no traffic or cops. However that was 25+ yrs ago!
    Would love to take my 360 there some day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    For nine years starting in 1997 I rode over 100K miles between three different BMW bikes. Did scenic rides all over the US. Riding/driving vacations are the only kind I do. I did two epic vacations of over 4K miles each in my 456M as well. It's a perfect GT car for the original mission of touring in grand style. Vacation 2013 was to do the famous section of US 60 that has circa seventy miles of sweepers and switchbacks. Vacation 2015 was to do the whole of the Blue Ridge Parkway (Which I've done many, many times on bikes). When the 360 is sorted to perfection, I'll take it for one. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Awesome drive and pictures

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Problem is most places where there are great roads to enjoy, the laws for enjoying car on road are pretty onerus. Dont get pulled over in NZ for speeding at any type of speed thats "fun" in a ferrari.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    100k miles on a BMW bike? :eek:

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    100K miles between three BMW bikes, so an average of 33.3K miles on each. But the K1200LT I put 54K miles on in four years.

TexasF355F1 and Island Time like this.
  9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Best Driving roads....

Off the top my head...

AZ191 (Formerly 666), from Alpine, AZ to Morenci.

AZ 89A from Wickenberg, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ

Independence Pass, CO

VT 100

10. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Pikes Peak Highway