Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Another Ferrari masterclass in launching a product. I love the rear end details simply wonderful. I would have preferred the Challenge or GTE bonnet with ducts, but that is nit picking. I had grand ideas of inventing a wonderful colour scheme and spec, but have to say, the launch car photos and colours and stripe and wheels are just perfect for this type of car. Much closer to the 360 CS and better for it .

In the automotive world where so many cars have become bland and without heart and soul it is a delight to see the old master at work.

Complimenti Ferrari.

2. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Does anyone know whether the S-Duct still leaves some room for a trunk to carry mundane items such as a pair of helmets and a change of clothes ?

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This car is just a fantastic looking car.
    Seems Flavio Manzoni team has done a good job.
    Very optimistic for the future (488 replacement =j50 inspiration?)

4. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    The exact same complaint made about the 458 when its sound was first released on video.

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I drove my 488 last night, first time in a while. They will have improved on the sound for the Pista, and the 488 sounds pretty good to start with. Not like a Porsche RS but really good. Not worried about the sound of the Pista at all. This promises to be the best Ferrari I’ve ever owned. Take a guess as to whether I’m excited or not...

Dolceexte, nkhalid, markonex and 2 others like this.
  6. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    any info about fiorano lap times ? close to Laferrari?

7. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    what they can do about the sound of turbo car like 488? they try hard to make better sound of turbo F1 but results are poor ...

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’m at the dealer event this evening rather than last night. For those that went last night, any word on some of the other items - what is this new braking feature, did I hear the dash is carbon, any idea about the carbon wheels and how they plan to repair scuffs (they must be repairable or they are not orderable - they will actually harm resale rather than enhance it). The prospect of 40% wheel weight saving is fantastic - this is unsprung weight remember, it will make a big difference to the way this car feels on road and track. If the wheel is serviceable they will be very difficult not to order because they will significantly improve the car. I presume the 2.85s time is with the carbon wheel?

Caeruleus11 and Camlet1 like this.
  9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Well, I think you should be ! :)

Lukeylikey likes this.
  10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    If it sounded like a sewing machine I wouldn't pass my slot.

The car will be insane and I can't wait to have her join my Speciale. Spolit for choice 100x.

Forza Ferrari.

Dolceexte and Jelial like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    There are plenty of fine-sounding turbo cars. Astons, AMGs, Paganis, so it is possible. The F40 sounded good to me too. The 488 sounds great already. Not like the 458 but 80 to 90’% of.

F1 turbo-hybrids sound pretty good in isolation unless compared with previous F1 V10s where they suffer a big volume deficit. Those V10s didn’t sound as good as the V12s so everything is relative. They do sound a bit electronic - nothing to do with the turbo - and a lot quieter than the straight-through V10s. The volume of those V10s would never be acceptable for the road anyway.

I don’t start off by judging the Pista’s turbo against previous n/a cars. The role it has to play is to inspire me to drive it, and inspire me while driving it. I reckon it’ll have no problem doing that.

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    markonex likes this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari needs to update the design of its sport seats. Not because they look bad, they are probably the best looking seats in the automotive world,
    but because all LE/Hardcore ferraris sport the same seats (With some slight pattern variations) since 10 years ...
    I expected something new

15. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
  16. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I was told that there will be a new bucket seat option that was developed for this car.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Everyone that has concerns about the Pista's sound has clearly never heard a 488 Challenge.... It is a different animal than a 488.... MUCH different!

markonex and Melvok like this.
  18. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    488 Challenge have road legal exhaust system???

Melvok likes this.
  19. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I

20. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Lots of nitpicking.....:D:D:D I think it looks absolutely fantastic...was never a 488 fan but this thing looks exactly lke it should and there is definately no need to worry about performance....so far they always managed to make the VS cars spot on for its purpose as a drivers car and half a second more or less or 10 hp more or less...come on..its definately quick enough for 98 % of the future owners and seriously...just look at it..the guys in Weissach and Woking can do whatever they like, they will never come close, so i am really looking forward to it and good lord if its not loud enough i am sure Mr Capristo or the these crazy guys from Japan will get you covered...;)

21. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Sorry if I missed it but what is US pricing?

22. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    when will we get to see Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel pound these around a track??

Dolceexte and Shadowfax like this.
  23. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Not a fan of the Falls, I'd order without stripe, maybe that helps visually.

24. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    #374 Lesia44, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    dhari, crinoid, G. Pepper and 4 others like this.
  25. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Aaaaaaabsolutely

Keep the P-Shop coming ! Can I haz Grey? :D:D