HOU - Rim Repair | FerrariChat

HOU Rim Repair

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Bill_OBrien, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
    A friend trashed one of the rims on his 2017 Camaro. Any ideas on a quality rim repair shop in Houston?

Thanks in advance!

2. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    I recommend Wheels America (4750 Sherwood Ln, Houston, TX 77092 - (713) 686-1311).

They really came through and repaired a damaged but really rare 18" OZ three piece wheel that I have on my Mercedes 560SEC and did a fantastic job.

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Wheels America also did one of my 430C centerlock wheels. However, the repair was good but they couldn't/wouldn't provide me with the before and after data when asked. Also, the finish was not correct. It was off slightly and even the body shop that I went through agreed. Maybe because this was an insurance claim and not a customer pay, it would be different for your friend. I would still use them especially since they have a lifetime warranty (to the orig. owner) and they have a strong reputation but I would ensure good communication between the two parties.

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    houston wheel repair did the wheels for two of my mercs. satisfactory.

5. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    HWR did a good job on my 308 rims. I had to ask them to re-balance the rim because they pulled the weights off in the process but they did a great job of contacting the local Ferrari dealer to get a proper paint code. Rims looked great when done.