488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #126 Shadowfax, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Likewise, so am anxiously awaiting further news on confirmation which hopefully wont be too far off. I'd hate to miss out on this car.....very keen to lock my order down!!!

2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Should know by Geneva hopefully

bbr likes this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    INTERIOR MATERIALS - my dealer couldn’t say for certain, but assumed that leather would be an option. What will be your choice as the predominant soft material, leather or Alcantara? If 3D material is offered (like in the Speciale) will you opt for that? Or, a combination of materials?

4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Great shots, thanks.

Not sure what's happening in the area adjacent to the rear lights. There's an obvious scoop on the rear fender tops upstream of this but com this picture the area next to the lights looks closed.

Possibility that the "closure" or door is movable so that the flow through here is variable and controlled? For example at high speed it's open to bleed off high pressure on fender top and reduce drag?

crinoid likes this.
  5. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Thank you. I am far for expert about air flow etc. It seems from the picture that the panel below the wing is not solid and in one piece with the rest. Maybe it's movable as you said or its not and the inlet drives the air either beside the exhaust or in the big side openings. I think that many characteristics are well reserved for later.

6. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    I have to say that this is my first ever post. As an owner of a 458 Spider and my newly delivered 488 gtb, I too am very passionate about the brand.
    As usual, there is a lot of comparison between brands, but in reality there is no comparison. I am now on my 18th Ferrari, and no other brand stirs emotions as much! I agree that the name may not be the best, but there is no denying that this car is, and will be, AMAZING!!! I look forward to specing mine out, and will be waiting with bated breath for delivery.
    Also, I can't wait for the reveal later today of our new F1 single seater!
    Ciao tifosi
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

430 Scooter, cpd1, Maggio23 and 14 others like this.
  7. JimmyChooToo

JimmyChooToo Karting

Aug 7, 2017
    I don’t know. It depends on which McLaren you are talking about. The SLR and LT seem to be keeping their value. I’ve heard the F1 has pretty good residuals compared to the F40, F50, Enzo and LaFerrari. In fact, I think you can buy all 4 with the price of one F1 and still have a good chunk of pocket change leftover for gas money or a beach house.

xfrgtr and dustman like this.
  8. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    That's great! I wish you all the best with your Mclaren purchase........

Shack, Bundy, Ash Patel and 2 others like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #134 REALZEUS, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    If the F40 had to abide by today's regulations it wouldn't even make 120 to the litre I reckon. Not to mention that its lag is measured with a calendar... LOL! Also the Pista is not the company's halo model, the LaFerrari is and that one makes double the power of the 40...

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Though eliminating the electric assisted HP weight penalty would make the LaFerrari better or worse?
    One person was said to order his LaFerrari without the electric assist. Also Ferrari saw no need for the Pista to get the electric assist either.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari is adamant that the electric assist is a huge benefit and I believe them. It makes the power/weight ratio better than it would have been without it and gives an amazing throttle response. The Pista is based on an older platform and couldn't accommodate the Hy-KERS system anyway, not to mention that it would be financially non viable at this price point. Future V12s will be electrified though.

As far as I know Ferrari turned that request down. A member here though has a non road legal development mule (based on a 458) with the V12 of the LF sans the hybrid system.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017

here is a better look!! enjoy!

Maggio23 likes this.
  13. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The more details we see on the car from pics such as these, the more i really really like it.

It has an aggressive stance from virtually all angles and it sits very nicely as a track focussed and based car. The styling changes now sets it apart from the GTB, which is itself a lovely looking car, by making it just that bit more aggressive. And that is before we hear the exhaust note.

To my eyes proportionally it looks like Ferrari have got the styling of the Pista almost perfect.

Yes like many others I want to see the rake on the front bonnet in person as in some shots it does look severe. Maybe colour choices and/or stripe/no stripe decisions will create a visually different impact. We will all need to see the car before finally making our minds up.

I love the lower front spoiler treatment and the sculpted rear wing and overall i think the rear view is just about perfect.

As to the name, yes it could have been something better and there are pages of suggestions from folks on here that would have been better, but in all truth who really cares? How it looks and more importantly how it drives is what matters in my book.

Roll on Geneva to see it in the metal. Great job Maranello!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    Wish Ferrari uses the J50 side mirror instead.

furmano and ingegnere like this.
  15. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I was chosen to get the first ordered VS from my dealership with a 2018 build and a Jan. 2019. delivery date.

MalibuGuy and of2worlds like this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    They are the same resolution as I got from viewing on my iPad...

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Fantastic first post! Congratulations!

Bhh likes this.
  18. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Awesome. A keeper, racer, good investment. But not a driver.

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well, personally I like the stripper with the bigger tits but, hey...that’s just me.

20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'd have to agree with this 1000%.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Not a driver? Why on Earth would you conclude that?

22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I think you missed the sense of my speech: the F40 was the top of the world at its time, nothing compared to an F40 at those times. While today the 488 Pista has several excellent competitors (GT2RS, 720S, Performante, Senna). It's a great and a very good looking car, but not the God on earth like the F40 was. And after 31 years the car are much better: this is obvious, of course

ciao

of2worlds likes this.
  23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What is the correct pronunciation of "Pista?"

is it..."peestah?"

24. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Have to put some Joe Pesci in it. Peeshtuh!

25. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I love going to strip clubs! :D