488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    I am here to stay. I am an enthusiasts as well, one that still believes Ferrari will figure this out. I am just not blind enough anymore to believe they can do no wrong.

crinoid likes this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Dear my fellow participants, I have been guilty of going OT (off topic) at times, but this is the "488 Pista Picture" thread. I am interested in the various experiences, but they should be in a different thread. I think we should try to stay on course please.

MalibuGuy, markonex, TOOLFAN and 5 others like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For those like me that attended their dealers reveal events, I'm curious if anyone got an indication about price, options, etc. My dealer didn't have much to share yet.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had. The 458/488 issues I wonder if challenge drivers or GT race cars have ever had the same issues...? I hope they get them straight. What caught fire on you 488?

Sorry to digress.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I do agree. We need way more pictures in this thread. There simply aren't many at this point. Again sorry for the digression.

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    addict in my Speciale :confused:
    but this Pista sems awesome :)
    have my allocation
    see it in Geneva 8TH march

i'll keep them !

life's short !

Carpe Diem

kandi, Bhh, markonex and 3 others like this.
  7. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I certainly disagree on the sound. Both had stock exhaust, 570S is very muted, with aftermarket high flow cats the 570S does sound amazing.

I did drove the Performante, GT3, 488 on track back to back to back 2 weeks ago. Had most fun in 488 and GT3. Performante while fast, feels robotic. My employee and business partner also did the same. They drove R8 V10 plus, Performante, and GT3. They all felt least amount of fun in Performante. Have you drove Performante?

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    No definitive word; but my expectation is that the base price of the 488 Pista would similar to the base price of the 812, or slightly lower.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  9. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Hi Christoph,thought Chrixx might be you.My brother and I were on MM in the red UK Speciale a couple of places away from you.
    We finished MM and drove straight back to UK.No problems.

10. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I've been on track with 4 different performantes at various track days. All those owners have various cars with various track skills....They all had raving reviews of the performante.

11. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Our presentation didn't have a general Q&A. The operational head of the dealer said he was more then willing to discuss specifics of the pista with anyone who wanted to discuss it. Unfortunately, one owner hogged up his time.

I talked to my sales guy and he said he knew very little and had just seen the video about one hour before we got there. The only information he had was that they will be getting a couple at the end of 2018 and they were up for grabs and that they received much less allocations then what they were expecting. That's it.. I couldn't get any other information other then what I've just written.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My experience was very similar. They did give a pretty clear indication that those of us who were invited were done so because we will get an invitation to order a car but there are never any guarantees. Later would be better than sooner as far as I'm concerned.

13. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Haha small world!

14. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    At my dealers presentation I was told the entire production run for the Pista would be 2,000 units or less. A set of CF rims would price out between $35K and $50K per set and the base price of the car would be between $320K/$335K. The first 2 cars to be delivered in Jan.2019. The 11 of us drew numbers out of a box after the presentation and I pulled the first car.

Melons, of2worlds, junc and 2 others like this.
  15. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    In Australia the base Pista price is about 3% less than the 812 price inclusive of taxes (not including options)

16. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Carlom, in another market, I'm seeing almost the exact same price - but with the 812 being very slightly cheaper. I guess the actual difference will be determined by what the base price includes for each car.

17. Frenzisko

Frenzisko Rookie

Jan 1, 2017
  18. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    For me verde abetone or seabird please... :)

of2worlds likes this.
  19. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    I have both a 488 and a Performante and, to put it politely, have not driven the 488 since I bought the Performante last October. Except once on track, where it was too soft to be usable, and felt rubbery and unstable. Do not underestimate the Performante from one drive, the rave reviews from many sources are correct.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I may have missed it - can you do a Rosso Corsa version without the stripe (with body color roof), please?

21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    #196 Camlet1, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    I love my Speciale, she's very clean in my opinion and a bit of a looker if I say so myself. As I've already said, I'm getting a Pista and excited. The two will live happily side by side.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

randkin, pshep138, jo_ker and 16 others like this.
  22. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Right you are!

Gr. Martin

23. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    You have to be the first person ive read say a 488 is funner than a Performante. Yes I have spent many hours in a Performante.

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    A right lovely pair you will have there !! " Oooeerrrr Missus" as the Carry On crew would say !!!!

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    As 'book ends' with more blu TdF for the Pista as well? Or something different this time...

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.