Speciale Market | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    crinoid, Afonsolaw and chrixxx like this.
  2. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    FutureF, crinoid, ewright and 6 others like this.
  3. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    I hadn't noticed that Christoph's car had no speakers in the doors until you mentioned this. I wanted to ask what the integrated audio option was. I had thought it might be an upgraded audio system but am now assuming that the car was offered either with or without an audio system and if you see the speakers in the doors that means it has the system?

4. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    I have never seen a red car offered for sale in the US with gold wheels. When I called to ask the dealer about what the cost of ordering a set was they gave me a price of around $20,000. Does anyone know a work around to get an OEM set from Ferrari at a reasonable cost?

Also, I see many cars offered that are close to the specs I want except that they have yellow brake calipers and I would like red. I know that you can repaint calipers but I would like to keep the car as original as possible so I was curious if anyone who wanted to change the caliper color on their car has even purchased a new set of calipers from Ferrari in the color they wanted? I am assuming that like the wheels the cost is so outrageous that no one has done this?

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  6. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They are OEM as far as I understand.

8. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    Thank you. Spoke with the dealer this morning and was told that just the calipers alone in Rosso Corsa would be $7,000 per corner and the gold wheels could be $5,000 per corner. Additionally, told me that the parts would take 6 months to obtain. What a joke.

9. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    I have been a huge Speciale fan for a year or so but was not interested in the launch color/stripe and was in the market for the "other" option (i.e. a black roof). I found one with 2300 miles and in like new shape with all the carbon fiber options, fire bottle, lift, lights, and stereo but no parking sensors or cameras (did not want them at all). Was very lucky to find this Speciale as in all my research the vast majority had stripes or stripe delete and very few had the Black roof. I also did not want red and was looking for Argento as my 512TR is Argento and I really enjoy a Ferrari in silver. I'm not sure how many of you like the black roof option but it is definitely the rarest variant of the Speciale (in my research anyway) and it stands out in a car audience. I do have a question, if you own a Speciale did your toolkit come with pliers? My toolkit did not include pliers and the local Ferrari dealer says it is not included in their "parts guide". Any and all help here is appreciated. Also, I looked at the 488 hard...wanted a current model Ferrari...went with the Speciale for more money for a reason.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ClayS (Speciale)

FutureF, Bhh and 430 Scooter like this.
  10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had Argento Nurenbergring and no pliers either.

11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I saw that Speciale go up for sale earlier this year and again about a month ago. Both times it did not last long. I think the second time around, that car was only for sale for a few days. Guess you snatched that one real quick! Congrats!

Ferrari Las Vegas actually has a stripeless Argento in their inventory right now, but no black roof.

12. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    Can we see the interior?

13. DGod

DGod Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    Iberian Peninsula
    I don't really understand how dealers work on your side of the world. I have bought and asked for quotations for several parts and prices were never even close to what I see around here. Crazy! No way calipers cost 7K per corner.

14. R8 BKK

R8 BKK Rookie

May 13, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Duncan
    I agree, Scuderiacarparts in the UK have the front callipers at about GBP 2880 and rears at GBP 2555 including VAT. Hope that helps.

15. R8 BKK

R8 BKK Rookie

May 13, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Duncan
    I agree, Scuderiacarparts in the UK have the front callipers at about GBP 2880 and rears at GBP 2555 including VAT. Hope that helps.

16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Per my personal taste, now that I see the 488 Pista, it makes me appreciate and love the Speciale more than ever.

Nel1 and Clay512TR like this.
  17. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Beautiful and rare spec you have. Congrats on that

18. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Afonsolaw likes this.
  19. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    That is beautiful. Which interior options did you get? Did you get the wheel wells, center console, or rear wall in leather or alcantara by chance?

Does anyone know why some cars seem to arbitrarily have the emblem underneath the passenger air vent and some don't?

20. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I think only the 2014 cars got it...... (?) My 2014 has it, and my 2015 does not.

21. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    I thought that too but I have seen 2015’s with it.

22. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Mine is a 2015 and it has the emblem. If I remember correctly it was a selected option, any confirmation on that? I will check my comprehensive list of options to see if I can find it.
    Another question, there is a hole in the dash on the right side (see picture), what is supposed to go in here? It looks like I am missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Ok I checked the options list and I believe this is it:
    Silver Dedication Plate DEDI 675

If I am correct it was a $675 option.
    Thoughts?

ClayS (Speciale)

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #124 JTSE30, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    (oops, my first reply was regarding the hole under the dash in the passenger footwell)
    Yes, you are missing the glovebox :) that's the hole for the manual pull for the standard glovebox in the the Italia/Spider, Ferrari didn't use a custom piece so they all have a pre-drilled hole but nothing to fill it with.

(update)
    That is hole should be a sensor (236847 SENSORE TEMPERATURA, link), yours is missing, but it looks like yours has an air conditioner, I would think that would be missing only if the a/c was not installed)

25. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I don't think that's it.... I just checked the window sticker and build sheet for my car that has it, and that option was not selected.