Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    What is incorrect, that lower fuel grad reduce engine power, and it is getting worse when tracking your car and engine temp is high... do you track your cars.
    Expirienced that several time with my 488 on the Nordschleife.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Pista reveal means two more years of 488 production. The last year will be mainly Pistas and few to none 488's until the change over.

If you want a new 488, now is the time to order.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I may hate to say that because I'm going to trade my 488 GTB for a Pista - but a GTB could well be very good value for money actually.

Napoli and of2worlds like this.
  4. XTP

XTP Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Xander
  5. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Now that the dust has started to settle, time to get down to the serious business of speccing the car. But before that, for posterity, I went through the first half a dozen pages or so of the original 488 GTO? thread from April last year, to revisit the predictions which covered the whole spectrum. But, amazingly, one poster nailed it right from the get go: @markonex

Shame we had to then wait for another 160 pages :)

Apr 26
    Spot on: Power: 720PS, and challenge car inspired.

Correct - Torque hardly increased

May 22:
    Again - correct. Dry 1280kg with new aero and electronics.

July 5
    to which the reply was:
    And despite what the some so-called experts said, no hybrid. Correct again.

Well done Marko! You have another follower.

JagShergill, of2worlds, dhari and 5 others like this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Cool observations.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Poor photoshop IMO. Noticed the top wheel vents missing in the Pista as well but think they can't resist putting vents behind the front wheels a la F40 in any true hardcore.

8. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Please do!!!

9. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thank you so much :):)

of2worlds and manya81 like this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is incorrect since 93 AKI (American Octane) is about 98 RON. So no problem in that regard.

11. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    Can the Geneva-bound folks find out more about the custom specs available to Challenge/XX participants?

12. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    From what my dealer told me, they will be like the 70th anniversary cars where paint & interior will be by Tailor Made, using certain famous historical liveries for example. Nice, easy and cheap way for Ferrari to get a limited edition out.

markonex and 330i like this.
  13. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I was told that these upgrades will cost around 120K Euros. if it will be just some nonsense color and interior options, I will definitely skip those. If they truly want to offer some serious options to make this car similar to a real LE car, they better come with something more useful, like an increase in power, stiffer suspension, center-lock wheels, bigger tires, GT3 style mirrors, etc.

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just in case you spec up for the carbon wheels well they are made in Australia. Actual price

A set of four Carbon Revolution CR-9 wheels will now cost from $11850 (MSRP) for five-bolt fitments. That's AUD so for you guys in the States around $9,000 USD.

I wonder what Ferrari will sting

15. nic329

nic329 Rookie

Feb 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    ns
    I just hope this new Pista can compete with the mighty Mclaren 720s....these bone stock 720s are dynoing close to 700hp at the wheels....I hope ferrari brings their "A" game with the Pista.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Good info; in addition the price of the option should just be the difference between the regular (I guess forged) wheels and the carbon wheels, so even less... I think my dealer told me about €15K (20% VAT included) for the option, but I'm not sure I remember correctly.

17. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Way back in the mists of time I asked this question on the 488 GTO thread but as Ferrari is stressing the race car link I ask it again.
    Do race cars run on carbon fibre wheels and if not (which is my understanding) why not ?

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

They certainly don’t look like CF to me. I don’t claim to know much about high end race car materials but the carbon fiber wheel phenomenon could all be sexy marketing to lure all of us to actually pay obscene prices just to feel like our cars are more “race carish”. They’re very good at what they do.

19. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    120 K euros seem quite a lot for some special livery, even considering we speak about Ferrari. Hopefully, they put on that V8 20 more HP, race-ready suspensions, GT3-mirrors. About tyres I don't know, but they can do whatever they want to furtherly impove front splitter and rear blown spoiler performances. Maybe you can go One-Off with a SP and ask for a GTE style wing and front bumper FXXK EVO flicks, but that's more a dream....

20. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Mecca 720 S is actually a 780-790 S, I doubt Ferrari plays this childish game, surely 488 Pista engine is not producing 780 hp..
    BTW, Mecca owners may risk to pay much more taxes in many countries, if their cars are declaring false power. Declaring less hp than the real is similar to evade taxes here in Italy where you pay more depending on the fiscal hp you have.

21. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco

It's forged magnesium on F1 OZ rims, lightest material you can use, even a bit lighter than carbon, very fragile and costly though, other than difficult to homologate for road use, since its much less stiff than aluminium, steel or carbon, its also not very easy to be worked on.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Why not? They're not sexy like mag wheels ;-) and because of rules:

"Formula One cars must have four uncovered wheels, all made of the same metallic material, which must be one of two magnesium alloys specified by the FIA."

24. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    not sure if this has been posted

Maggio23, 4th_gear, 330i and 6 others like this.
  25. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    $25-30k has been mentioned for the USA, sexy as they might be, will skip

of2worlds likes this.