# 61079000 electromagnetic valve | FerrariChat

# 61079000 electromagnetic valve

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ria, Feb 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    part no # 61079000 electromagnetic valve were is this valve location and how to get to it? 86 TR no longer available is there a good part no from other cars that this valve will fit and what is the part no or rebuild kit that will work with this valve and part no? i try searching very confusing on part no and what will work or not. thanks.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Many prior threads on this -- IIRC, there is a similar valve used on BMW, and we couldn't figure out why it wasn't identical ;)

Do advanced searches on "hot water valve" and "6107900" in the Boxers/TR/M section. Also, there has to be something in the TR cross-reference thread.

If you want a rebuild kit -- do an internet search on "Bosch mono valve repair kit".

3. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    i did a search can not find a for sure cross ref part no that will replace this valve. were is the valve location how do you get to it?

4. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    steve is it this part no valve repair kit w 126 81-85 i want to be sure befor i get it $ 46.00 at amazon thanks.

5. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
  6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    The hot water valve is always default open, when it is grounded it closes. Temperature sensor dictates when to close. I believe this is correct.

7. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #7 Steve Magnusson, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Yes, but that's an expensive source -- should be more like ~$20 (AFAIK, MTC is the manufacturer, and many sources sell the same thing at wildly different prices):

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=valve+repair+kit+w+126

However, are you sure that the sealing plunger is the problem? You didn't describe the trouble at all, and if the symptom is "always heat on" there can be three causes:

1. electrics not working (the two terminals of the hot water valve coil has to have +12V present to hold it closed when no heat is requested),

2. inlet and outlet hoses swapped (the valve only has enough power to hold itself closed if the flow is in the correct direction -- there is an arrow molded on it to show the correct flow direction. Did you just do a major and swap the hoses?)

3. Seal on plunger end bad, or debris on seal seat, or plunger stuck in the open position.

If you've got coolant leaking out of it, then the sealing diaphragm could be ruptured. What is your symptom/trouble?

8. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    I do not get hot air from heater what do I need to take off to locate the valve.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #9 Steve Magnusson, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Remove the passenger footrest plate -- the hot water valve is mounted on the right to the chassis (if LHD).

This sounds more like a sensing/control problem to me. Just unplug the hot water valve when trying to get hot air:

If you still don't get heat = then maybe the valve is mechanically stuck closed or blocked.

If you do get heat = has to be a sensing/control problem, and you should do the resistance tests at the unplugged AC ECU harness connector as described on pages H29 and H30 of the TR WSM.

There is also an "oddball" relay on the AC unit that the AC ECU energizes to turn off (and open) the hot water valve when heat is requested, but I wouldn't go after that unless unplugging the hot water valve does give heat and all the resistance checks in Section H are OK.

Good Hunting!

10. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    Thanks Steve. Will try to replace the heater hoses wen the engine is out for service never done this I don't know what to expect with the hoses will take the valve apart and see sense I am in there.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app