575 on BAT | Page 7 | FerrariChat

575 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jonsav, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    you're full of it, you wont post it bc its not real, if you post a 550 with an asking price of $60k and nothing wrong i will self ban and you wont hear from me ever again. If it is $60k its probably in british pounds. It doesn't exist in US dollars, if it does its a fake bs craigslist listing or something. The cheapest red car ive seen is a '97 for $105k with 50k miles, here is the link

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1004482/1997-ferrari-550-maranello-for-sale-in-astoria-new-york-11103

Hell there's a 2004 acura NSX with 80,000+ miles on ebay asking $84k when I was looking today. No real 550 is at that price, no matter what rims it has. You're on a forum of car enthusiasts, we're all here to help each other. You on the other hand sound like a complete tool of a human being, you supposedly found all these cars but wont share them for I dont know what reason: if you wanna buy them then buy them, but if you're not going to, then what harm would it do to disclose them? Exactly nothing, you're full of it, im sure you'll be banned off this site in no time.

2. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    I don't care about you self banning, I'd rather line my pockets. Let me know if you want to make the bet or not. And no it's not some BS craigslist scam. I've bought over a million dollars worth of cars through this source including a 993 RS. Look them up if you don't know what they are.

DGPF likes this.
  3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    You're so full of it, ok lets make the bet, the car has to be a non euro car, clean title 550 with no past damage of any sort with 33k miles and rossa corsa. It also has to be $60k US dollars not british pounds or whatever currency you want ie 60k of come crypto. What's funny is we're both 31 and Im actually driving a Ferrari and have posted many pics of mine, while you twiddle your thumbs at home with.

Why dont you post pics of your cars together, I've done it, surely with $1M worth of cars you'd love to show the world what you've got.....

4. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Why are you attempting to place a restriction on where the car can be from now? After I already stated that the cars I found are on the world market? US cars are no better than any other 550 around the world as far as I know. Or did we get a different engine, less restrictive emissions equipment, safety stuff, etc.?

I'm 31 not 16, the last thing I care about is the approval of a bunch of middle aged men on a internet web forum, I'll leave my cars in the garage. If you come to LA area car meets maybe you'll see them.

5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    LOL there you go, full of it, go ahead and post your kenya market 550 for $60k... btw if you've read my past posts you will see im 31 too and I am basically who you attempt to be in your online persona. A 31 year old with money posting pics of his cars on the internet.........your screen name suits you perfectly fwiw.

6. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
  7. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    That comment on US cars is not true in my experience. US cars are babied a lot more, and are not driven as hard. Again just in my experience, but European cars are driven a lot harder and it does show. I would agree that it depends on the model though.

8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    You forgot recently serviced - All fluids, belts, bearings, hoses, clutch, possibly ball joints, bushings, fuel pumps...

9. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    haha exactly, has to have a receipt for every time the owner opened the door too right? LOL

Kenya LOOOOOL

You're scared to make the bet because you don't have 5k to lose yet you brag about being 31 and owning a single F car. Please tell me your only F car isn't a 575 with an F1 gearbox? I'm not even sure thats a step up from a Mondial, at least the Mondial has a stick.

DGPF likes this.
  10. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric

IT, you really are just gratuitously offensive, the very definitional behavior of on-line troll. Others here might have noted that you would have lost your first pro-offered bet of $10k that the 512BB wouldn't reach reserve (Post #131). Your absurdities compound themselves. Your childishness is tiresome.

11. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Is this 550 in the US or Europe? If so, I’m interested. You can PM me and we can make an agreement that if I buy it I’ll give you 5k. If not, I won’t disclose the source.

I’ve seen on this forum from middle eastern members that prices in the Middle East are crazy low compared to the rest of the world.

12. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Can we return to our regular scheduled program? ;)

13. Cotton

Cotton Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2008
    TN
    200k was the minimum bid, but Rob said the reserve is higher. However, he did not give the specific reserve.

Anyway, what’s the other auction site Rob keeps referencing that isn’t getting off the ground either?

14. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    The 575 on BaT sold for $116k or $121k including buyer fees. Pretty gutsy of the seller offering it at no reserve though. The wheels appear to be the replicas, not the BBS made ones. Just a hunch because the seller didn't highlight them in the offering.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    IT- You spout enough crap to start your own outhouse.

JayEff likes this.
  16. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Hey Eddie, you'll have to federalize it if you want to put a US plate on. I emailed J K Technologies today, I'm sure many members here will be familiar with them. They told me 12-18k plus parts. Seems ridiculous but they're a monopoly so it's to be expected. A California dealer plate would avoid all that. Let me know if you're still interested.

17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Is the car in North America or is it in Europe? I honestly wouldn't pay 60k for it plus 12-18k labor plus parts plus shipping plus import taxes, etc. for a car that's gonna cost me 80-90k and be hard to sell when I can pay 100-120k and get one that was sold new in the US. Now if it's in Europe I can ship it to my dad and that might work.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't want to give them free advertising, but PM me and I will tell you.

19. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    no, 1t has made it a waste of time

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    one man's troll is another man's entertainment? :D ;)

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    1taliantrash getting owned everywhere!

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #172 paulchua, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    I believe 1taliantrash when he says he can find 550s all day long for way below US asking prices on the world stage. It's no secret you can get cheap Ferrari worldwide, say like the Middle East for bargain prices; so you can end the 'secret source' "but if you know the right handshake" bit.

Like this 599 for only 75K , a 612 for only 50K. (AED to USD roughly 1:4)

But if only it were that easy. Finding a reputable PPI that can cross the distance, language, time barrier can be a task. It's not the easiest or straightforward process getting a car from Dubai to the US. Shipping it + import duty/taxes + customs paperwork, insurance, time waiting, and Jesus help me if you plan to bring in it California, yes - even with 'dealer plates'

It doesn't surprise me that '1taliantrash' is asking for a finder's fee/bet 10K, the work involved to help get the car from Dubai for me would not even cover the bet/finder's fee if I were asked to help get one of these cars over here.

Not saying it can never work in one's favor, but you know that old adage..."if getting (fill in the blank) was as easy as that...then everybody would have a (fill in the blank)"

There was a great article as it happens that came out this week talking about this very subject here. (albeit with a challenge car)

23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The thing is, it may be cheaper but its not that much cheaper in the long run. There was a nice gray 599 for sale here in miami recently by an owner on ebay,not dealer, 20k miles or so gray/red seats and he was asking $117k. Yes dealers ask way more, but the actual price if you're dealing with a seller is much lower. So that US one was $117k and the one in dubai was $75k. That $42k price difference isn't going to be that big by the time you get it prepped for the Us market, shipped over, PPI'd, any services done(surely at $75k it needs stuff), then when you want to sell it, its always going to sell at a discount. So in the end is it worth it? Maybe if you're keeping the car for yourself for a long long time, otherwise, highly unlikely.

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Exactly, I've tried to pull a George Costanza/Kramer machinations on this angle. Yes, I would save money up front - but the downside didn't justify the savings (at least to me.) Importing a non-limited edition car to save money is an illuminating act in itself on the appropriateness of said acquisition*

*Outside a business of course.

25. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Finally someone who doesn't see these US cars through rose tinted glasses. Thanks Paul. Getting owned? How?