CeramicRotors.Com OE Ceramic Rotor Replacement Company | FerrariChat

CeramicRotors.Com OE Ceramic Rotor Replacement Company

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by TFENT, Feb 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TFENT

TFENT Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Tom Frederico
    Ferrari Owners

CeramicRotors.Com is proud to be a new sponsor to FerrariChat, and thank you for having us.

CeramicRotors.com has partnered directly with Surface Transforms (ST) to offer replacement ceramic rotors to all Ultra High-Performance applications (Worldwide), to include, but not limited to, Ferrari, Porsche, Nissan GTR, McLaren’s and others to name a few in addition to making custom applications available. CeramicRotors.com can now make custom, one off, Ceramic rotor replacements for odd applications or applications that have a limited run. Examples of the one-off applications we have done or are in the process of making are Ceramic rotor replacements for: Ferrari F40 & F50’s Ferrari Enzo’s, Dodge Hellcat, Maserati, Aston Martin, Ford Shelby Mustang, New and Old Acura NSX’s, New and Old Ford GT’s to name a few.

CeramicRotors.com is not a new company, we have been working with Surface Transforms since the early 2000’s. We helped innovate and create ST ceramic rotors via MovIt Brakes in Germany and have supplied ceramic brake kits and replacement ceramic rotors for more than 10 years. We have sold several thousand ceramic rotors that are still in use today. The ST rotors have an EXTREAMLY long and durable life expectancy. They are refurbishable and resurfaceable up to 5 times unlike OE ceramic rotors. The refurbishing process is quite easy and is rarely even needed, but available if necessary. For the end user this means you have a product that is very durable, very reliable, resalable, and offers the best performance possible. Most of our clients with vehicles equipped with OE ceramic rotors will often order a vehicle equipped with ceramics and then order replacement rotors from us. Then shelf the OE ceramics for when they resell the vehicle at a later date and time. When they order their next vehicle, we will take the rotors back in trade (trade in amount based on condition of used rotor after evaluation) and resupply replacement rotors for their new vehicle. We are the only company in the world to offer this buyback program, on what most consider, a wearable and throw away part. In addition, we feel these rotors are so durable and reliable we offer a One-Year warranty on the rotors. Clients can use the New CeramicRotors.Com rotors for daily driving and/or tracking. If in one year the rotors need to be refurbished under normal use (IE street or track) we will refurbish the rotors free of charge. The only thing we do not cover are issues caused by some type of physical damage, like running into a sand pit or an accident that damages the rotor. That said we will tell you this is a VERY rare occurrence. Less than 1%.

Pricing is VERY competitive with OE Ferrari replacements and our ST replacement rotors will include Pagid Pads (RSC1 or RC29) and new stainless-steel brake lines put together as a “kit” to Ferrari owners. We stock most rotor sizes for quick delivery. If we do not have current stock on a certain application the order process is usually only a few weeks.

As we stated before, pricing will be VERY competitive to the OE cost on Ferrari replacement rotors and we hope to keep them this way moving forward as these rotors are a true necessity to the Ferrari community. The OE rotors simply do not hold up. The New ST rotors solve this problem 100-fold. Email us ([email protected]) or call (858.883.2655) for pricing and availability. Again, the replacement ceramic rotors are a direct OE rotor replacement both front and rear (some require spacers that are included) and include a set of front and rear Pagid Pads (available in either compounds of RSC1 or the RS29’s) plus a new set of stainless steel brake lines.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  2. TFENT

TFENT Rookie

Feb 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Tom Frederico
    The ST Process:

Surface Transforms uses a unique, patented process to produce our next generation carbon-ceramic material. This process delivers the numerous advantages of the CCST material and our stringent quality standards ensure top-quality brake discs.

STAGE 1: CARBON FIBRE PREFORM

A unique 3D structure of carbon-fibre is weaved together from multiple layers of carbon-fibre cloth to form the base carbon material (pre-form).

STAGE 2: CARBONISATION

The carbon fibre pre-forms are heated to a temperature of (1,000-3,000° C) in a furnace filled with a gas mixture that does not contain oxygen. The lack of oxygen prevents the carbon from burning in the very high temperatures. As the pre-forms are heated, they begin to lose their non-carbon atoms, plus a few carbon atoms, in the form of various gases including water vapor, ammonia, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, and others. As the non-carbon atoms are expelled, the remaining carbon atoms form tightly bonded carbon crystals that are aligned more or less parallel to the long axis of the fibres.

STAGE 3: CHEMICAL VAPOUR INFILTRATION (CViST)

Surface Transforms have developed their own process CVIST based on the Chemical Vapor Infiltration method of Ceramic Matrix Composites fabrication. This is a process in which reactant gases diffuse into the porous preform and form a deposition. Deposited material is a result of chemical reaction occurring on the fibers surface. The deposition fills the space between the fibres, forming composite material in which matrix is the deposited material and dispersed phase is the fibres of the preform.

STAGE 4: HEAT TREATMENT

Following CViST, the parts are placed in a furnace and taken through a further cycle at very high temperature.

STAGE 5: GREEN-STATE MACHINING

At this stage, the parts are solid blanks of close to the finished dimensions but not yet as hard as the final part. Most of the machining of the component features is done at this stage, as machining after the next stages is expensive and time consuming due to the high hardness of the material.

STAGE 6: MELT INFILTRATION (MiST)

ST-developed process of melt infiltration deposits the Silicon Carbide into the Carbon pre-form to produce the final composite material – CSiC.

STAGE 7: FINAL MACHINING

A final machining process is required to achieve the specific tolerances required for brake components.

STAGE 8: ANTI-OXIDANT COATING

Before parts are completed, a self-healing, anti-oxidant coating is added to prevent oxidation and increase the life of the part.

STAGE 9: INSPECTION

A CMM (co-ordinate measuring machine) inspection of each part along with DTV (disc thickness variation) measurements is performed to ensure all parts meet the strict tolerances required by our customers.

STAGE 10: DISPATCH

The final parts are packaged in our Surface Transforms bespoke shipping boxes and dispatched by courier to our customers around the world.

3. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Would be great to hear some real life experiences with these, i have heard great things~!!!

4. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I don't know if this is the exact same company we used but I would ship my CCM rotors out to Germany for re-surfacing. They would come back in about 3 months. My real world impression was these re-surfaced rotors wear out faster. They also wear out the pads fast too. I stopped using them and starting using new.

SoCal1 likes this.
  5. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah....I'm hitting my brakes at over 160 mph as late as I can, the rotors are glowing red hot. It's my car and possibly my life at stake, I'd need more assurance than a web post....

SoCal1, gatorgreg and JAM1 like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    would be nice if their website worked...

SoCal1 likes this.