2018 Maserati Granturismo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2018 Maserati Granturismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Griffon83, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Both electric and self driving cars as an overwhelming replacement for what we have now are great examples of over zealous groupthink. The very idea of a self driving Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche ... is an anathema. I think they probably feel "pressured to be doing something" in both of those arenas. Should they put that crap on their production cars the marque will have been officially gelded. You can make a case for electric augmenting the ICE. I'd prefer to skip the extra complexity for now.

2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yes, people do!

A man a word; yesterday I ordered my new daily driver, a beautiful 2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport in nero carbonio with more or less all available options.

Why? There are a few reasons.

With my 2014 Maserati Granturismo Sport I have approx 140'000km on the clock now. I never had an issue with this car (only with 120k km a defective fuel injector), only regular services, nothing else. And today this cars drives like on its first day, never had a more reliable car, no one will recognize all the driven kilometers. The components inside the car are looking like new (of course, I always cared very well for the car), the engine has still all its power (was on the German autobahn last week, it had the chance to prove its capabilities), also the chassis feels very stable, no slackening of all the bearings.
    But Maserati will stop the production of this model generation soon. The successor is far from coming and when he comes, then he comes only as a convertible with a hard top (current "rumors") and turbo engines. So it was time to make a decision.
    Hey Maserati, I still LOVE this car! Still (one of) the best looking and definitely the most impressive sounding 2+2 V8 NA GT on the market. Not the newest technology under the body work but who cares about, no other modern car has this special character, this style, this aura. Do I really need a lane-keeping assistant, a distance control system? No, I don't need, I don't want to have. For me style is above all the technological gimmick. After a longer evaluation process I'm happy with my decision. Of course all this statements are based on my personal opinion... ;)

A few pics out of the configurator:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Of course, wheel spacers on both axels (4 x 22mm) will give this Italian gigolo his special appearance.

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    They are pretty spectacular to look at.

JOHNCJ8989 likes this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    great looking redcaruser.

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    iericks, Bluebottle, TheMayor and 2 others like this.
  6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    The new car does nothing for me - I bought the 2009 because of the F1

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Thank you Rob!

8. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Congrats Daniel, the car looks great in the configurator but I’m sure it will in real life as well!

9. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Thank you Eddie! Yes, I'm also sure it will. I remember when I got delivered my first Granturismo in 2014, simply a very impressive car in real life, this car has a strong charisma.

A short anecdote I discussed with my friend yesterday evening: In Switzerland the Maserati Ghibli has won "Best Cars 2018" in the upper middle class category, as it did in 2017 btw. A very appreciated and popular car, mainly loved for the beautiful and extraordinary design. My friend, a Porsche driver, is looking for a new daily driver. A few weeks ago he entered the Maserati showroom with his wife to watch and test drive a Ghibli (as well as a Levante). After a few minutes, my colleague's wife says, "hey, look over there, you have to take this car, this looks sensational!" She pointed to a new Granturismo. Conclusion: even after such a long period of construction this car has still a very striking and modern-looking appearance in the everyday street scene. Even today this car stands out positively next to award-winning vehicles. This is something special.

Ok, I'm a little bit biased... ;)

I will post photos as soon as I got the car delivered.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  10. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Still a great looking car. I went from E-Class Mercs as daily drivers to a 2016 Ghibli. Now looking to change again and decided to go for an older circa 2014 GT purely for the looks, despite the modern Mercs being similar in price and space age in comparison with regards technology.

redcaruser likes this.
  11. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Your car taste is excellent, redcaruser. Congrats!

12. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Thank you Gabriel!

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm generally not a fan of black wheels but I must say that car looks pretty mean :) I do love the carbon trim instead of the wood grain - suits the car very well ;)

redcaruser likes this.
  14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #64 redcaruser, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    The Maserati Granturismo, not only beautiful und perfect sounding, this car makes also a lot of fun to drive. Of course, this guy knows how to drive, do not try to imitate immediately:

In 2015 I had also the pleasure to enjoy with Maserati the Granturismo for two days on the race track in Varano de Melegari (Master Maserati), definitely a well balanced and capable car.

Bluebottle, Nembo1777 and CETH like this.
  15. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Easy fix for that, plenty of 2017's still available for steep discounts.

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Boomhauer, iericks, CETH and 2 others like this.
  18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

Yup it is a nice design, still ... I like the convertible as well but so many of those here are so tarted up with over the top interior selections IMHO. It's an industry trend ...
    I have a feeling a lot is sacrificed for that convertible top though ...

19. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I totally agree it's a gorgeous design. I really do like them. Like the 3200 and 4200 but these are so much nicer.

20. iericks

iericks Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Elk Grove
    I got my Granturismo a few years ago. I was actually deciding between a f430 and a gallardo. What got me that day was, i got to take a test drive with both of my kids; my then 4 and 6 year old. I was sold with the sound and the 4 seats! Both of my kids and eventually my now 2 year old will all get to roll with daddy or mommy. I love the car more and more with every passing day. I will get a 458 when and if they get in the 120k range but I have a feeling i will replace my GT with a 2018 in a few years. That new front has really grown on me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. iericks

iericks Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Elk Grove

WOW - Congrats!!! Great spec and build!!

22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Are you collecting yours from the factory? If you have not done it before, it really is worth the effort. I collected mine in 2015 and it was a great experience - wouldn't have missed it for the world.

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Congrats Daniel and John, both cars look great.

Yes factory delivery is special much advised, not that I have had any new Maser but have been there many times and they treat you right. I will eventually have a used S, love the shape and sound, even my gf stops if we see one about to start:)

24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Thank you!

No, the delivery will take place at the dealer, with a little luck, it will be next week. Keep you posted.

In the meanwhile more than 140k km on the clock and the car is running perfectly...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP and iericks like this.
  25. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel