F430 Spider used in Miami Vice (2006) | FerrariChat

F430 Spider used in Miami Vice (2006)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mo34t, Mar 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mo34t

Mo34t Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hamburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Ralf Steinkuehler
    Hello,
    a friend of mine owns a F430 Spider (2006) that he believes was used as a film car in the 2006 movie Miami Vice (starring Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell). His car is identical in equipment to the car used in the film (except for the Scuderia shields that were added later) and he got the story of one of the former owners but has not proof for it.
    There is some plausibility to this story as the car of my friend was made in 2005 and then stayed in Ferrari's ownership (sales department) for more than one year before it was delivered to its first owner in Italy. And the car in the film is a European version although the film was of course made in the US.
    Does anyone know the serial number of the film car or have any idea whom to ask? Any hint would be appreciated!

Here is a link to the movie scene:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Aleem1983 likes this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I hope it is the car, it’d be a great story to tell people. Good luck, I have no information to add I’m
    Afraid

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Mo34t likes this.
  3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    how was the shield added later? I'm not sure if the factory will do that.
    the picture showed indentation around the shield. AFAIK, that's not aftermarket shield.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I doubt the plate used in the film is real because the spacing of the characters is too wide, but in case it is you could run that to see if the VIN matches from that registration. The plate in the film reads 4F8 9V5.

Mo34t likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The shield should be a dead give away. After market shields are not frenched into the body but just glued on.

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    The series was good... the movie was BAD.... IF it was the car in that movie it might ACTUALLY de a detriment when the car is eventually sold..... :)

7. Mo34t

Mo34t Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hamburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Ralf Steinkuehler
    you are right, there is a recess in the fenders for the shield. Strange enough, the Scuderia shields are not listed in the works option list for this serial number. Could be that they were added (in a professional way) prior to delivery to its first owner (a year after completion). This detail remains unclear at this point.

8. Mo34t

Mo34t Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hamburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Ralf Steinkuehler
    :D

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. Mo34t

Mo34t Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hamburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Ralf Steinkuehler
    I agree with your assumption that the plate is fake. The car is a EU spec car and it would have been impossible to register in the US as it does not meet US standards - no side markers etc.... it is pretty likely that the car was lent to the film team by Ferrari headquarters for promotion purposes - the film was made in 2005 when the F430 Spider had just been launched and was the latest model in the Ferrari range.

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The only way those shields could have been added later would be if the entire front clip was replaced and color matched with the incuse design made to receive the shields. Highly unlikely.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There's actually no problem registering non-Federalized cars in Florida. Florida DMV doesn't care as long as you pay the tax, title, and registration fees. There are many illegal (Federal law) cars running around the state, but are technically legal per state law. Land Rover Defenders, Skyline GTRs, and even Ferraris.

12. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Don't think anyone cared about that movie.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I have to say, it was a poor pastiche of the original series, but Hollywood history is still Hollywood history, I think it’s still a nice association for the car to have, a nice story to tell. I remember seeing the movie and seeing the car in it, and the did manage some good moody shots with it, typical of the series and the Daytona replica. Farrell was always going to **** up the role though, he’s a tool