Independent Shops with Scanners | FerrariChat

Independent Shops with Scanners

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by cascade, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cascade

cascade Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I am glad there is a Chicago only section now. I just got into a 355 that got a new top from its previous owner and whoever did the work set off the airbag light and the top won't close all the way. I always have Giovanni@Autosprint service the F cars, but he said that his Leonardo Scanner could not read the issues with the top and the dash light, so I have to go to Ferrari direct, its a 99. I am trying to avoid that in any way I can. Are there other independents you guys can recommend that have been able to solve issues like this? I don't mind traveling either as I am located in Lincoln Park.

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'm curious as to why you want to avoid going to a Ferrari dealer such as Continental in Hinsdale or LFSC in Lake Bluff?

3. cascade

cascade Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    To not pay the Ferrari tax to just scan the car for a simple problem. The last time I contacted Continental for my F430, they quoted me $2500 to change trans fluid. I am ok paying a premium to an extent, but this was just absurd. If things are more fair as I want to just scan the ECU with the issue of the top, as its not mechanical and some sensor not working, I will happily go. However, thus far, independents have been great and always have been as I am a big Porsche guy and don't take my 993 or 964 to any Porsche dealer.

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Have you actually called Continental and talked to them about this specific issue with the new top?

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I've found LFSC to be very fair in pricing for service.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  6. 250swb

250swb Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    I find it very difficult to believe you were quoted $2,500 to change just the gear lube. There must have been some kind of miscommunication there.