Bianco avus - yellowing / fading problem? | FerrariChat

Bianco avus - yellowing / fading problem?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by css, Mar 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016
    Hello all,

I just bought a 12 458 in bianco avus and i notice yellowing / fading on the certain panels such as front bumper, the rear deck, side skirt panels are actually super white compare to the overall body but the front bumper and rear deck is quite severe.

Is this normal and how may i fix it?

Does wax / coating help with getting it white again or repainting is the way to go?

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Stupid question - Are the problem areas covered with PPF?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Nelsonc275 and Napoli like this.
  3. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016
    No, the whole car does not have PPF

4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    My 2011 Bianco Avus is impeccable. Only thing that gets yellowish with time is the wheel arch protection film (if you ordered it as an extra when new, or it you had it fitted later on), but you can and should replace it, no biggie.

Haven't seen any other Ferrari in Bianco Avus with the problem you described. Abrasion is the culprit, maybe? Do you live and use the car by the sea?

I believe a good detailing will solve the problem. Reputed and experienced professionals are nothing short of miracle workers. If issue is indeed catastrophic, I suggest repainting the car. Also no biggie.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

5. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    None. That sounds weird.

6. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    My Blanco avus 458 has plastic on front panels that is yellowing with age...evidently it is the adhesive which is not entirely UV safe.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  7. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Can you please post some photos?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

8. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016
    Apologize for the late reply as i was out of town, the car is still with the dealer so i don’t have any pics with me. But i googled some pics of f12 and FF in bianco avus and you can see the color difference too, or i should say the front, sideskirt and rear bumper is really white and the body is getting a different shade of white?

Is there anything i could do like a paint correction orr coating to make the whole car seem more unified?

Desler said its due to doaint sorayed on different material so nothing could be done

I know porsche and many other brands have this issue too but not as significant as ones on ferrari

Thoughts?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016