Model number on dealers order | FerrariChat

Model number on dealers order

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Malcola, Mar 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Malcola

Malcola Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Malcola
    A curious question I have that my sales rep can’t answer. I ordered a 488 Spider but I noticed on My Ferrari the rev counter was listed as red not yellow as I configured it. I texted the rep he checked and said he wasn’t sure how it happened but it was ordered red. He said he tried to change it but the people they usually deal with said it couldn’t be changed, I guess it had locked . He called the factory and got it changed. I then noticed on My Ferrari the parking sensors weren’t listed as an option. I texted and asked could he check all the options. He did and sent me a picture of what looks like the order sheet. Date ordered , date approved, options. The options were right ,all good.
    However at the top where it listed the model it said 458M SP . I texted him and said the options all looked right but why wasn’t the model listed as a 488M SP. he said he didn’t know why that was perhaps something with Ferrari internal numbering . The motor was listed as a twin turbo 8 cylinder. I texted back and said there didn’t seem to be internal consistency.
    Has anyone encountered this or have an explanation for this ?

2. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    I had the same. My 488 was listed as a 458, real curious, but surely got a 488

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    FYI, the “my Ferrari” list of specs has never agreed to the options the dealer has. My 812 that is currently red 10 shows on my Ferrari 2 different wheels and 2 different caliper colors. Modus is what the factory builds off of.

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Same here. The “communication link” between myFerrari and MODIS is an oxymoron. MyFerrari was missing four options, while two others inadequately defined. I connected with my sales person and went through the order line by line. Fingers crossed that all will be OK. My car is scheduled to arrive in April. The nightmare scenario is the car comes in and it’s either missing an chosen option or has an option that I did not want..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Malcola

Malcola Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Malcola
    It’s reassuring to know that someone else had their 488 listed as a 458. You wonder do they not update their order forms to a new model number ?
    When the sales rep said he was told he couldn’t change the color of the rev counter , before he spoke to the factory, I tried to call Ferrari of NA. I got a recording no person saying Ferrari leasing. When I tried to enter the number 3 for customer service the recording said there wasn’t such a number.
    I’ve read that My Ferrari can be incorrect as far as options but this was a case where it was right with the incorrect rev counter color.
    I’ve thought about getting an F car for a long time. Everything I’ve read about the car makes you anxious to get the car but it makes me have doubts about the company.

Viperjoe likes this.
  6. Malcola

Malcola Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Malcola
    PS : I’m not a hater I’ve always been enamored with the brand since I saw my first one at the age of 14.

7. 488GTS

488GTS Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    U.K.
    My 488 Spider was also listed as a 458M SP and I got a 488 Spider!! So nothing to worry about my friend

8. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Welcome to the world of Ferrari.......the admin is what it is......but the cars are special.

Jim

9. ScuderiaDE

ScuderiaDE Rookie

Jun 7, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus Ballast
    Hi there,

458M (= 458 Modificato) is the internal model-group code for the 488. It has been assigned before the official model name was released. And considering to modern IT it is not that easy to change... ;)
    Regards,
    Markus