40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo 2018 | FerrariChat

40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo 2018

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F1tommy, Jan 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo
    Saturday- MARCH 10 th. 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

FREE GENERAL ADMISSION

The Central States Region is proud to announce the 40th annual Literature, Art and
    Model Expo at Continental Auto Sports, 420 E. Ogden Ave., Hinsdale, IL.

The EXPO is the perfect time to start, add to, or complete your collection of Ferrari,
    Maserati, and Italian sports car memorabilia, models, art work, yearbooks, sales
    brochures, postcards, photographs etc. It’s also a good opportunity to meet, mingle and
    share stories with other car enthusiasts on a day dedicated to Italian automobiles.

The model car contest, which drew 65 entries last year, continues. Quality of
    detailing and wide variety of automobiles: historic and current street and race cars were
    impressive. To enter the model contest, please contact Tom Tanner at 630/ 766-2098.

Continental Auto Sports is located 20 minutes south of O’Hare International Airport
    and just west of I-294 (Tri-State Tollway.) 630/ 655-3535

If you are interested in being a vendor, contact Hugh Ruthven at 847 382-3020. fax
    number is 847 382-1439.email: [email protected] .

of2worlds and tifoso2728 like this.
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I wish we had something like this on the west coast.

3. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You used to many years ago during Monterey "car week".... and then it eventually morphed into Concorso Italiano. It was held in the morning at the York School near Laguna Seca.

The closest event you have now on the West Coast that is similar, but not only Ferrari items is Automobilia Monterey, which also takes place during "car week." It is a 2 day event at the Embassy Suites hotel in Seaside,

of2worlds likes this.
  4. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah the Automobilia show in Monterey during car weekend is awesome.... it would be great for a person with your model background to spear-head a model show along with Automobilia...

5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it. That is certainly an interesting idea.....but the week is already so crowded with events, and organizing anything like this is a huge time commitment, especially to do it the right way..... Would it be worthwhile? Should something like this be done at a different time of year? With those things said.... I had raised the idea a couple of times with another model maker/dealer, but his response was lukewarm. That's not to say that something couldn't eventually be done, but it takes a lot of time and effort from a number of people.

6. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob

Yep agreed… it’s not enough time to plan and schedule something for this year’s Monterey’s Automobilia show but maybe next year perhaps or even in 2020? Most car enthusiasts are also model guys too, it would increase their ticket sales if they allow something similar to what F1-tommy does for his model expo, and the best thing is… we would have a model expo on the West coast! There are several West coast model clubs even the one I’m a member in would probably build something to bring to Monterey….

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    To be honest with you, mixing industry and amateur modeling is not that great an idea and should be kept low key. It is not a money maker for anyone involved, although the trade/expo show will be.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Agreed. I'm not interested in organizing a build contest/show.

A trade show Expo....maybe..... and along the lines of the Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo, and like it used to be when held at the Como Inn would be what I would like to see somebody do.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I’ll be there!

of2worlds likes this.
  10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Very good John. Now if we could only talk you into bringing some of your artwork for a small display that would make it an extra special Ferrari Expo this year :)

of2worlds likes this.
  11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I’m bringing my Ferrari related merchandise to sell. Art work........hadn’t considered it.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    This Saturday is the 40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo. Hope a few of you can make it. Will post a few photos later.

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    By the way, next year the model contest theme will be Bugatti again. I am working on a big display for next year already. This year I am finishing up a 1/12th 250 GTO. I should have photos by Friday. I know several people might be snowed in on the east coast. Weather should be good here.

jm2 likes this.
  14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I’ll see you there!

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    An experiment to see what I could do with the 1/12th GT Spirit 250 GTO. I added Hiro wire wheels, Autograph decals and MG 1/12th GTO details from their transkit for the Revell GTO. I had all that stuff anyway as I bought it for the really bad Revell diecast. I also have a Hiro 250 GTO wich I will do as a full detail, the 1962 Nurburgring 4 liter car. Some more details still have to be added, but it is almost done.

The shape of the GT Spirit body is slightly better in most areas than the Hiro kit, Especially the roof on the GT Spirit. The GT spirit is toy like in most areas.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

furmano, jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  16. 250GTE

250GTE Karting

Mar 21, 2004
    Wow, that looks great. I have the Autograph kits (engine and wheels) that I will eventually use on my Revell model...but this GT Spirit iteration looks really nice!

17. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Looks great Tom! Amazing what can be done with the combination of good parts, a little effort, and real talent.

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    of2worlds and furmano like this.
  19. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Great job Tommy on putting this together. Please post up more pics.

-F

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Hi, Thank you but this event is put on by the Ferrari Club, I just help. Next year we hope to have a few surprises that might even make it an even more interesting show that you will not want to miss.

22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  23. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Brings back many great memories from the early Marchetti meets!

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    The Como Inn....

of2worlds and tifoso2728 like this.