488 Dead Pedal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Dead Pedal

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 100badboy100, Feb 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tfarn

Tfarn Rookie

Dec 2, 2016
    I know this is an older post, but I am having the same issue getting the supplies bolts to bite. Has anyone come up with a resolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Must the carpet or surrounding trim be modified in any way? I like the form and function and I would like to order one but I am hesitant based upon the noted mounting difficulties. Updates appreciated.

3. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I purchased my Hill dead pedal 5 weeks ago, had it installed in my 488 Spider by my dealer. They mentioned having to grind down the screws a small amount to get the proper fit. I didn't think about it at the time, but now I'm wondering if Hill is supplying longer screws now because of the short screw problems, and if they are, they may now be too long based on my dealer's comment. It could also be that the supplied screws are still too short and my dealer used their own longer screws that required grinding to fit properly, not sure. I do know it is installed, fits the 488 perfectly, and looks great.

Jim

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the update. I plan to proceed with the order.

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm seeking confirmation that model year 2018 488's are NOT equipped with a dead pedal.

6. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    They are not, my 2018 488 Spider had the standard pedal area, I replaced it with the Hill DP as mentioned above.

Jim

7. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I received my 2018 the first week of December (3 months ago), doubt anything has changed on the pedals.

Jim

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I think nothing changed on the GTB and spider, they get a rubber dead pedal.
    There is something new only for the Pista.