Who will win the WDC in 2018? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who will win the WDC in 2018?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

who will win the F1 world drivers championship for 2018?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2019.
  1. Hamilton

44 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. Vettel

34 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. Bottas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kimi

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Max

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Riciardo

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Alonso

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. Vandoorne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. anyone's guess

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. someone else

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    God I hope you are right. My money is on Hamilton but your scenario is a realistic alternative and one I would love a lot more. Regardless it won't be Vettel.

Bas likes this.
  2. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Considering Merc seemed unconcerned with testing their fastest times, I think they just know they're way ahead. Like always, however, they'll make sure they lead by the smallest of margins and increase as necessary. So... as i pound my head into my desk... Hamilton.

375+ and 635CSI like this.
  3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol so true. they will act like some team is close and that theyre "worried" and then turn up the wick whenever they need to and easily win

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Merc's race simulation laps were consistently .5s-1s faster than RBR and Ferrari's. While the flat-out speed results 'appear' encouraging, it's the non-headline stuff that seems to be more indicative of the pecking order. Of course, we don't really know much of anything until we reach Q1 of the Australian GP.

5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don’t know about that. I think it’s pretty clear the Merc are confident enough to not even really push the car to its limits. Honestly I bet even last years car at the end of the season would probably be ultra competitive this season. I think they’ve probably gone well into the 1000hp realm but just dial it back.

Believe me though... I’d be sooooo happy to get assailed as a heretic in a couple weeks time in the Aus GP thread if I’m wrong. I want to be wrong.

375+ and Bas like this.
  6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Should of had a choice of "Anyone but Hamilton" With that being said Seb is my choice.

nsxrebel and Bas like this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lewis...and he will be the only one believing it is only because of his Talent and not the car....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355, 375+, nsxrebel and 6 others like this.
  8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

^^this^^

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Seb for me.. I'm sure he learned from last season's mistakes. If he keeps his head and emotions together he will be this year's champion.

Bas likes this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Almost. ''Ve vere so vorried as ze Ferraris and Red Bools vere very close, but somehow, loowis managed a fantastic lap and got ze pole pozizion.''

11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Going with previous performance trends - Hamilton
    Going with the surprise option - Max
    Going with my heart and a bit of optimism - Vettel

tifosi12 and maulaf like this.
  12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    I hope Mad Max wins the WDC in 2019 with Honda powered Red Bull.

oh wait, this year? Anyone but Hambone. Alonso would be nice.

13. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Kimi is going to come hot off the blocks this year

VPX and jjmalez like this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The pre-season testing said Mercedes. Bottas is not Rosberg, and it seems that the Red Bulls and the Ferraris are quite close, so they´d be taking points from each other and crashing between them more often. Probably it´s going to be Hamilton´s easiest title.

F*********ck.

15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    It sounds as if this is going to be a boring season. No one to really cheer for unless there is a miraculous surprise from one of the mid-pack or back markers. If Mercedes or Ferrari are the only two real contenders I'll turn the races off and get the results on the news. I'm bored with Mercedes winning and I'm bored with Ferrari making excuses for not. Red Blue just doesn't inspire me to care for them either.

Renault and Torro Rosso are the best chances for real surprises...and I would love to seem them scare the hell out of everyone else. Hass needs to stop playing safe and get new drivers. Force India should have moved up the grid by now...I think this year will be a step backwards. Same with Williams. I don't think Alonzo will wait past race four to retire and move on with his life. The race for back of the grid will be between Sauber and McLaren.

16. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    According to LH himself the Red Bull’s are the fastest......I don’t know what he was drinking at that time as during Barcelona’s test days they were -sadly- not the fastest.....we will know in 10 days.

Ciao
    Oscar

17. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    I hope Hamilton wins Championship No. 5. Thoroughly deserved from the best team + driver combo.

PMW2018, ATBNM3 and tifoso2728 like this.
  18. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton, he's the best driver of this generation and one of the Greatest of All Time...

PMW2018 likes this.
  19. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Kimi. Ferrari hasn't one a drivers championship in a decade. But when they did, the Iceman stood atop of the podium.

:eek:

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ohh noooo not the GOAT thingy:rolleyes: again! ..that should kill this thread stone dead

stavura and nsxrebel like this.
  21. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    GOAT.... LOLOLOL!

22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Goats arse more like, even has some rough little stubble around the hole, just like a goat does. Hahahahaha elton, whiny little girl. She’s like the 16 year old princess that gets to drive daddy’s La Ferrari on her sweet sixteen and truly believes it isn’t the car, it’s her that brings the speed

stavura likes this.
  23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Hamilton is a great driver no doubt,... He matched Alonso as a rookie, when Alonso was at / near his prime. Pretty stout.

But he also got beaten by Nico, whom most of Hamilton's supporters considered average at best, in equal equipment. Tough to be the GOAT when you got beaten by your "mediocre" teammate.

stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  24. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Max. No doubt! For anybody with some knowledge I do need to explain. For anybody else I will not bother

25. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Kimi, because Ferrari have the better car and Vettel will ruin things for himself

jjmalez likes this.