NEW MODEL KIT THREAD | Page 135 | FerrariChat

NEW MODEL KIT THREAD

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F1tommy, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have bought Zero paints from them, but they seem to always be out of a lot of colors. Keep emailing them. Also try Gravity colors.

furmano likes this.
  3. Dino Scuderia

Dino Scuderia Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2005
    Southeast US
    They get paint in decently quick. I usually place the order, they email me details on what's backordered. Easy to work with.

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have had colors on order for over 6 months from them. I think I do prefer Zero paint over Gravity colors slightly. They both can work great.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  6. Dino Scuderia

Dino Scuderia Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2005
    Southeast US
    I've been waiting on a Gravity order since 11/22/17.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Yep, they both are kind of slow.

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  9. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Their web site crashed a few days ago but is back now. They are also on Facebook where the owner Matthew is friendly and very responsive to messages.

10. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Gravity (USA) saw a huge surge in business late last year and have been struggling to catch up ever since. Basically a one-man band where the owner has been trying to hire someone to help out and is having trouble finding anyone who is a good fit.

11. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    Furmano - I have 2 bottles of zero Rosso Corsa 300 that I bought for a project about a year ago and never used. PM me if you're interested.

12. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Thank you for the offer. I might take you up on it. However, it does appear Hobby World has stock of RC 300. Not sure. I'll let you know either way.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

-F

13. Graphic-mini

Graphic-mini Rookie

Dec 13, 2016
    La Rochelle, France
    Full Name:
    Guillaume Phelipon
    For those who want SMP24 kit, i can get it. I will pass an order for the Montreal in the following days.
    I can also get (normally) the kit for the Bugatti Vision GT presented in page 134.

I'm in contact also with DDP to distribute their kit.

I will have soon a new brand in model kit, the first kit will be a Matra MS650 in 1/12, after will follow some 1/24 model. The first one will be a Maserati Birdcage. The brand is FFK Miniature. Those model will be ready probably next month. The cost for the Matra will be around 500€, kit only.

Last week i take contact with Gravity in order to distribute the paint. I have ask them for custom color, i will test it. But it's nice to have someone ready to prepare paint code outside the standard range.

For all of this product, and many more, you can contact me at : www.graphic-mini.com

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    So that would be Gravity in Europe, correct? Gravity in the USA is a separate company since September 2017 and the two companies use different paint suppliers and mix to different formulas and that comes direct from the owner of Gravity Colors USA.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The FFK kits sound interesting. Will they also do a Matra 670 in 1/12th ?? The Birdcage should sell pretty well I think as only a few very old kits were ever made.

16. Graphic-mini

Graphic-mini Rookie

Dec 13, 2016
    La Rochelle, France
    Full Name:
    Guillaume Phelipon
    No, i'm in contact with Matt form the US. I have try Spain some times ago, and the answer wasn't so nice... Let's see what this will done with the shipping cost...

For the moment it's a try for me, i have ask for the best selling paint + varnish. And my 2 special color (for Lamborghini ;), i will see if it's good or not)

17. Graphic-mini

Graphic-mini Rookie

Dec 13, 2016
    La Rochelle, France
    Full Name:
    Guillaume Phelipon
    For the moment, only the MS650 but you will be able to make 3 version. After, why not, and what is fine is that they are looking for some model to produce, so if you have some request, tell me and i will tell them.

If you look to their Facebook page, they have also the Bugatti EB110 in 1/12. The model is nearly ready to produce, only miss the quantities... So if people are interested with this model, we can launch the production.

18. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Just so we don't end up with the same confusion that recently took place on one of the model forums the owner of Gravity Colors USA is Maté Mayer. Since the "é" character does not exist on US keyboards he often signs his name as Matt in emails. He has a Facebook page and is very responsive to messages at https://www.facebook.com/GravityColorsUSA/

19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
  20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

Attached Files:

21. Graphic-mini

Graphic-mini Rookie

Dec 13, 2016
    La Rochelle, France
    Full Name:
    Guillaume Phelipon
    Thanks for the picture Tommy, i didn't find how to place photo for the moment... I need to take time to look at it ;)

FFK is new in 1/24 and 1/12 kit production, but they have a very big experience in slot kit under another brand. They have a very big catalogue of model. So we can be confident about the result.

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  25. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    We are working on two decals-transkits. The decals will be printed by Cartograf Italy, the best decal printer on earth with artwork is by UMI. We are doing the Alfa GTV6 Jolly Club Totip 1983-84 and Luigi 1983-84. We will add the #41 car and Autobergamo. These cars won the FIA European Group A manufactures championship for 4 years in a row. Here is the decal pre production artwork . Also a small transkit will be done to fit on the very nice White Box 1/24th scale Alfa GTV Alfetta model.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login