Sound Deadening | FerrariChat

Sound Deadening

Discussion in '360/430' started by CarAholic, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I am wondering if anyone has removed all the sound deadening out of their F430. Mainly under the carpet and behind the seats. I have done a search about this and haven’t found an answer to my question as they all just relate to weight loss. I am wanting to do this just from a pure sound perspective. I find the car is way to quite with the windows up and would like to bring more engine note into the cabin. So for those that have done this was there a substantial increase in engine and road noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It's exactly same procedure on 360 as F430.

The answer to your question is yes it's a big difference in noise. If you just want more engine noise simply take off engine drip tray covers and remove the sound deadening in engine bay, 2 triangles of thick sound material. That should be sufficient, failing that the material behind the trim on firewall inside cabin. You shouldn't have to loose the under carpet insulation for pure sonics and actually you'll then start to hear stones clip underside of car, etc.

3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Thanks Trev I didn’t even realize there was sound deadening in engine bay. I will try that out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Please do note that removing the sound suppression material between the engine and passenger compartments will allow heat to pass into the passenger compartment.

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Depends on which parts your talking about. Not the reflective heat shield in the lower engine bay area (which I would not remove!) but the sound deading near the glass quarter panels, which isn't a heat guard! I removed the sound material and it didn't make much of a difference to heat (if at all)...

6. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    10,11 are inside engine bay and are just sound proofing, not heat shield, 12,13 are also sound proofing and inside cabin and also sound proofing, behind panels, both are used to reduce noise and you can choose to junk them all or even just 2 of them to get the level of sound you want...

Sent from my S8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app