Buying another F355GTS... advice needed | FerrariChat

Buying another F355GTS... advice needed

Discussion in '348/355' started by All ON U, Mar 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Hi All,

I have decided to buy another F355GTS and regret selling mine back in 2010! I have seen a LHD red with black interior, manual with 36000kms, full ferrari service history, cambelts and service will be done prior to purchase. The car has 2 previous owners only and it in mint condition. Dealer is asking for £68k. I am in the UK.

What do you guys think of the price? When I sold my car the market was down but now the prices have gone crazy!

Also I have asked for a capristo , is this still the best exhaust to get for the car or are there better ones on the market now.

Thanks in advance.

2. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    what year is the car..? there are certainly.. price differences between regions.. but you'll be getting a fresh major which is good.

regarding the exhaust... it is widely accepted that Capristo is the all around best exhaust for the 355.. when price is not an issue..
    to have a new Capristo landed in Canada.. would be easily $5500 or more after exchange, duties/taxes etc.. I simply cannot condone that..

youre in the UK.. which I believe is where the Manufacturing plant for Nouvalari exhaust is situated..
    which I think is a balance between quality/price and still produce great sound on the 355.

All ON U likes this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Another guy that regrets selling a 355 and circles back to get another. We should celebrate guys like you :)

Enzojr and All ON U like this.
  4. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Sorry it is a 1995 model. The exhasut will set me back around £3k.

5. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Yeah I regret it big time. At that time I wasn't using the car at all hence I sold it but since then I always missed it as I had 3 different models since 1996.

6. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    ok... so comparing the car to the USA market.. its a 1995 GTS with ~22,500miles.. at an asking price of ~$94,800USD..

but that includes a full major done..

in terms of USA market for a 1995 355GTS.. with major freshly done.. that is more or less within the average range.. maybe a touch on the high side for USA market..

now given you are in the UK.. where I believe price averages for 355's are higher.. this car seems to be priced well for your region..

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Right but usually LHD cars in the UK arw worth a bit less?

Is this car at The Ferrari Centre in Kent? I seen to remember they had a couple LHD cars.

8. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    I have given him a offer for £65k to include the exhaust and I am just waiting for an answer. Fingers crossed he will yes and I will be back in my dream car. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

9. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Yes LHD in the UK are worth less money. The same car in RHD would go for around £85 to £90k. I want a LHD as I find when driving to Europe they are much better. The car is coming through a friend who knows the owner of the car.