Complete 355 Tool Kit And Accessories | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Complete 355 Tool Kit And Accessories

Discussion in '348/355' started by Rossocorsa1, Mar 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    What does it show? Flash light or emergency light? I don't believe I have the 99 manual, only 95 and 98

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  3. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    This brand new tool kit was supplied to me when I bought my 348 as original was missing. Its wrong for my car and Ive got the right one now for a 91 348. Eurospares have told me it should be for a 355 with spare wheel kit. Separate tyre inflator. There was no mention of year. Posted for ref. Maybe slightly different for US cars. Probably only bulbs.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Obviously if you have a spare wheel you shouldn't need the inflator.

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Can someone please clarify what defines a “long” kit as opposed to a “short” kit?

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Long houses the inflator inside the kit, short does not

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think thats he same as my 99 kit

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You know, I have to wonder why they even include the tool kit. About the only things in it that are useful are the fuses, the tire inflator and the tow ring. I don't think you would actually stop on the road to change a bulb. And the serpentine belt. Are they kidding?

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It really is just a homage to a time when tool kits were robust and actually used. And, frankly, they're just kind of cool.

Pangea likes this.
  10. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The cases are nice but the tools and trays suck. Why they are such poor quality has always baffled me . You would think they should be better.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So, just circling back on this topic. For a late production car, the following should be included:

- Short tool kit
    - Tire repair canister - separate from the tool kit
    - Emergency working light - plugged into the cigarette lighter charger
    - Three key fabs - two black and one red
    - Car cover
    - Seat covers
    - Steering wheel cover

Am I missing anything?

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Dave - in late production cars did the stereo/radio key come with all cars? Also, did fuses come in the tool kit?

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes, 3 keys, 2 ignition, 1 glove box. And, it's FOB's not fabs ;) and also the PIN slip.

Yes and I think so, but would need to look in my tool kit to be 100%

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Actually it’s “fobs” not “fob’s.” haha.

I need to start the misplaced apostrophe police on this place. “Ferrari’s” especially drives me nuts. hahaha.

So was the 355 the first that came standard with the cover, seat covers and steering wheel cover?

Dave rocks likes this.
  15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    The belt could be if you were traveling and could get to a garage that could change it vs chancing not being able to get one quickly, more than trying to change it on the side of the road :)

The fix a flat... I guess wishful thinking that you can hopefully fix the tire at least temporarily if on the road...

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

It is interesting that the 1999 US owners manual mentions that fuses are included in the tool kit when they actually are not. Does anyone know if spare fuses originally came with the car and, if so, where were they found?

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I have a 99 US car which came with plug-in emergency light in the black plastic pouch, not the flashlight. I do know the flashlight came with the 360, so it could be possible that some late model 99 355's had the flashlight as well.

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If the inside of the leather binder for the manuals has no hoops, the flash light did not come with it. Also, if it did, it would be on the parts diagram.

19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Interesting - does anyone have the little box with flash light inside? I've never seen one..

Apparently this came with cars from assembly number 33841 and up - Jeff check your assembly number.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    That's interesting. I have never seen the whole box before either. My assembly # preceded 33841.

21. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
  22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Also interesting that the spider came with gloves but the other models didn't.

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Can anyone verify if fuses were also included? There is no place for fuses in the short tool kit but maybe they came separately, or not at all.

24. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm pretty sure mine has fuses, Jeff but I'll have to take a look when I remember. Will shot a photo too.

25. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thanks, Dave. At least in the short case version (which my '99 came with) there does not seem to be a place for fuses but the owners manual mentions them. The one place they could be is under the last tray in the kit which I have not checked under. I will tonight as well.