Coming up on five months...... | FerrariChat

Coming up on five months......

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ronfrohock, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I thought we were turning the corner and that spring has sprung. One Nor’Easter last week and another coming this week.
    It’s been a long time since I have seen may car.
    Seems like March is the new February.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua and davemqv like this.
  2. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
    Aye, and needing to get to the garage and spin some wrenches. Old bones don't much care for the cold. Plan is to have my Mondi off to the body man this spring for a do over.

ronfrohock and paulchua like this.
  3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bruuuuuuuuuuuuutal. And all the pics from Porsche weekend out in sunny beautiful LA last week made it even more so!

ronfrohock and paulchua like this.
  4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Suns out and it's in the 80's here in the DFW area!

Winter -- lasted about 2 weeks!

Sid

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  6. UKtifosi

UKtifosi Karting

May 7, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Glyde
    We had 'the beast from the East' a couple of weeks ago. Very heavy snow and high winds from Siberia (I blame Putin :mad:) That plus salted roads meant there was not much opportunity for taking the car out. Still I've really enjoyed a couple of 'blue sky/frosty scenery' drives this year. Spring in the UK gets later every year.

7. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    Ron I hear you buddy. I am located in Blandon PA and we get hit with the same storms that you receive. We lucked out on this past one and only had a dusting. The schools had already closed the night before, based on the forecasts. I heard you guys got around a foot or even a little more. I am waiting perhaps another month to have my '85 Mondial Cab shipped up from storage in Austin TX. The weather is still too unpredictable and I didn't want to be driving off of the transport in snow/salt. The past few days have been cold with icy winds, and spring can't get here fast enough. The big problem was a few weeks ago when we had a day where it reached 78 degrees! Subconsciously you're thinking, ok the warmer weather is here now. Ron I believe you are the guy who does the B pillars and some other goodies, and my car has these parts installed.

ronfrohock likes this.
  8. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Year another Nor’Easter planned for this week.
    And yes, I am the Roof Toggle / B Pillar guy.

You will never need to worry about those parts again.

9. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    Today I took the Mondial out from her seven month hibernation. During these seven months, every three or four weeks, I have been starting the engine and letting her run for 20 to 30 minutes, to let the oil and coolant temperature rise. In fact, I would let the coolant temperature rise high enough to kick in the radiator fans. But the car has been stationary during this period.

Today, I took her out. The engine started after turning over a few times. She ran a little rough initially, and had a tendency to idle low. I have been suspecting that I need a new oxygen sensor, and this all could be a symptom of that problem. But a more pronounced issue was the gearbox. Initially, it was very, very difficult to get the car into any gear whatsoever.

I took her for a drive, and after about two miles of street driving, and about 15 miles on the freeway, the gearbox was shifting as smooth as before.

I will change the oil and replace the oxygen sensor tomorrow, and I will be driving her three or four times a week until September.

- Sam in Saratoga, bearing a big smile

Roward7 and Jeka like this.
  10. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I saw a lot of cool cars on the road yesterday, most with car covers riding shotgun. Must be people who store their cars till April 1st. Today the sun is shining but it snowed yesterday and there is still salt and sand on the roads. Sadly, it will be a month or so till I hav the pleasure of seeing my cars.

paulchua likes this.
  11. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    You guys need to move to Texas.

No winter here. We don't have the concept of a "driving season" -- we can use our cars year round.

The strange "white stuff" almost never appears, and if it does, it's gone in a day or so.

Our winters go from 40 degrees one day, to 80 degrees the next, to 60 on the third, and so on.

On the other hand, August driving is restricted to mornings -- if you have a car without A/C.

Sid

12. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Would you believe it snowed yesterday and there is snow in the forecast again this week? In central MA? Seriously!

13. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    Ron, yes I saw that in your area's forecast. Luckily in eastern PA we dodged that snow, although it still has been 40's during the day and low 30's at night. Still too cold for this time of year, although I believe the snow is behind us here at this point. Supposed to be 78 Friday and 70 Saturday! I have to decide on how to get my '85 Mondial Cab with your parts installed in it (hehe) from Austin TX up to Blandon PA, hopefully in a manner which is door to door. I have quotes from a number of the big guys (Reliable, Intercity, Plycar) and have searched the forums here. Probably is that a 90' two-level enclosed transport isn't getting anywhere near my residential area. I'd have to meet the driver in a big parking lot and those are 15 or so minutes away. I just know it will rain the day the car arrives, and I don't want to drive a nicely detailed car that has lived its life so far in CA and TX in the rain for 15 minutes to reach my house. I might need to locate a guy running his own single car enclosed trailer. It has your B pillars, the roof latches, and the AC vent upgrade already installed (thumbs up emoji).

ronfrohock likes this.