Anyone know this Rossi Dino 458? Has it had bodywork? Advice please. | FerrariChat

Anyone know this Rossi Dino 458? Has it had bodywork? Advice please.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Here's the pictures that show over s Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login pray

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Just to clarify It might not be showing that well but the light rust looking areas on the bottom drivers side is actually Rosso Dino over spray. The dealer said the car has not been hit, so I'm is this possibly from the factory?

6. Peterod2010

Peterod2010 Karting

Feb 23, 2014
    conn
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My last 458 had a small run on the bottom of the door inside where it goes over the rocket. The dealership said it's not uncommon to see that and said it's from the factory!

7. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    David. You have to remember that quality control on Ferraris is no where near what it should be. These cars are far from perfect when they leave the factory.

8. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Baitschev likes this.
  9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    That is so unbelievable. But from you I believe it...so looking at that it could have been that way for the factor I assume. The pictures don't show it, but it has a lot of over spray but just on that one area. I believe the owners have integrity, everyone vouches for them as being simply straight up and great to work with. They apparently did not have the car up on the lift. That's all, and folks like me can tend to be a little picky when it comes to this level of detail. I expected a lot more from Ferrari, but as far as I know all cars could look like this underneath it all.

10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Personally I don't see anything unusually from the pictures posted that imply accident. Much of the CARFAX stuff is baloney. A Dealer can and does send new and old inventory to the body shops for repair with no Carfax & so can you if you send the damaged car to repair shop and basically pay cash. This is why on pre-purchase you have the car gone over by an expert. Flaws can be massed easily and pass as favorable by the untrained eye. If you would like to see a lot of factory flaws look closely at the alignment body panel seams on a California. If the car passes your inspection, has no car fax in place,passes a good PPI you should be good to go.

Europeanroadandracing likes this.
  11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks for your input.

docf likes this.
  12. RyanFoH

RyanFoH Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2010