Let's spec the Pista | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Let's spec the Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by agrun, Feb 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I see your points about the stripe. I just can’t see myself doing it. I like a clean look. I’m sure nothing about the aggressive swoops and curves of this fabulous car will get lost without the stripes. I’m just grateful they didn’t launch the F50 or Enzo (or many others) with stripes.

TomTom77 likes this.
  2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Just seen a couple of images on another thread where Pista looks really good without stripe !
    Thought I had decided but not so sure now.

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Can you share the link to the site?

4. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    In the region here, the shields were a 'free' option. I ordered the radio / speakers delete in my Speciale and love it like that.

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ferrari has a long history of using stripes on it's cars. This 1962 250 GTO was introduced with stripes featuring the tri-color look. Interestingly the shape of the front of the stripe followed the outline for the middle vent on the nose of the GTO. This front vent also set the width for the stripe on the car to. ->

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

No doubt. There really isn’t a right or wrong answer. It’s just personal taste.

Caeruleus11, Camlet1 and of2worlds like this.
  7. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I ended up with something quite similar when I was using the configurator at Geneva - except with black edges around the red

Challenge64 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    This looks really great! And with a few red highlights on the interior trim by way of stitching etc then interior and exterior will be perfectly complemented. Is the grey silverstone?

I never thought i would consider another Rosso car and have been consumed by greys, silvers and blacks for all my recent cars...however the Rosso launch car with stripes just looks so right to me....

Plenty of time to ponder on spec and of course see all the other combinations that will be shared on here in the coming months....UK cars not likely until mid/late 2019 and into 2020 is what we are being told so a long time to wait!!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and ajr550 like this.
  9. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Anyone see an options list WITH pricing? Supposed to be out any day.

10. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    received the official lists already two weeks ago. Maybe your dealer is working kind of slow.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    That's true. Regarding the LF, I don't think I've seen one with a factory stripe, but I have seen them with factory "dream lines" which are these little pin stripes that follow the contours of the hood, they are a little bit like stripes. Everyone has their preferences. If the factory wanted all cars to have stripes, they'd enforce it. They allow you the choice for no stripes so that is fine. I think its purely your call. For me, it will be stripe all the way. Interestingly enough on the V12 LE cars, I would go no stripe if given the opportunity.

12. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Care to share?

13. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    The 488 spider launch color is not electric blue. It is blu corsa. while I am not typically a blue car guy, I own this car. this color truly is special. Gets more looks than any F car or other spots car I have ever owned. But I never would have bought it had I not gone to the factory to spec out a completely different color. However, this was the car in the show room at atelier. I was with my family and everyone everyone's head turned seeing this color in person. Photos do not do it justice

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Set for Pista spec at factory atelier late May. Probably rosso corsa with stripe, but who knows what happens once you get there. Interior could be tough with Alcantera as the standard default choice. I'm concerned about it turning colors. I have been told that red turns the pink and black turns to grey and gray turns pale. None of these are good outcomes. can someone disspell these rumors?

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Looks beautiful- blue corsa is a lovely vibrant colour ... I specced my 812 electricco blue and I love it also ,has a different purplish tinge that pops in the sun.
    I agree , photos do not do either colour justice ....

carlom001, of2worlds, agrun and 4 others like this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The next time I come across a pic I will send you the link. They are on f-chat. Blu Corsa is very pretty. I love blues. My favorite is Blu Elettrico, but, it is a very bold color. It would look absolutely fantastic on the Pista. However, I just love Rosso Corsa so much on the special edition cars.

of2worlds and agrun like this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I have never had that experience with Alcantara. However, I don't have all the experience in the world. But I do have some and so far no problems. That's quite a bit different from the "mouse hair" material they used to use on cars like the 550 Barchetta- THAT does become quite pale with exposure to sunlight.

of2worlds and agrun like this.
  18. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    I was thinking about doing something completely out of the box.....

-TDF Blue Exterior
    -Silver Stripe
    -Silver Calipers
    -Silver Wheels
    -Cioccolato (Chocolate) Full Alcantara Interior (including dash)
    -Yellow Stitching
    -Yellow Stripe on Seat in Leather
    -Yellow Seatbelts
    -Yellow Tach
    -Yellow Calipers

Thoughts?! I know its different but i think the complete dark chocolate interior with the TDF Exterior....

19. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    married for a lifetime o_O

20. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    i recall seeing a list in german for that market, but not USA market. I'm not proficient enough to translate the list and correlate with USA options. thanks, in case you run across a USA options list

21. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I had a Scuderia with black alcantara interior and never had any issues with unusual wear and tear or color change. Looked and felt quite special and I wouldn't hesitate to get it again.

JagShergill and agrun like this.
  22. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    Going on four years in my 2014 Speciale with black alcantara and no issues also. Wearability just fine.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    very helpful. has anyone noticed any greater wear in alcantera over leather on the side of the seat bolsters as you exit the car?

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I haven’t. It seems rather resilient. It isn’t its durability that concerns me. I just don’t think it looks good. I don’t understand the appeal, particularly with cars at this level.

agrun likes this.