Must do's in Nashville | FerrariChat

Must do's in Nashville

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Scotty, Mar 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    My wife and I will be in Nashville for a couple of days just after the Memorial Day weekend. We've never been, and are curious for any insider suggestions. Both things to do/see in the city (we are country music fans, but not rabidly so), places to eat, as well as nature/touring/exploring in the relatively close surrounding area. We will then be driving to Louisville, so any suggestions for things to do on that route would be appreciated as well.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Go to Hattie B's on Sunday, which is the only day they serve chicken and waffles and offer their Sunday-only bacon cheddar grits. I just had some today. Get it medium or hot for spice level...the other options are too much or too little. And ask for blue cheese as the sauce.

3. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Visit The Lane Museum! While there pay the extra few dollars to see 'the vault' (basement). Don't just take my word for it, take Leno's suggestion that you see the collection (he filmed there a few weeks ago). Dennis Gage (Chasing Classic Cars TV series) when asked what would be the one car museum in this country to visit said The Lane. Do it!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I second that emotion! The Lane is perhaps the least known and most underappreciated automotive museum in the country, and you'll see vehicles you certainly would not see in any "mainstream" museum. Give yourself a minimum of two hours to tour the museum. They have a neat gift shop as well.

5. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Food:
    - Crema - best coffee.
    - Pepperfire - trying nashville hot chicken is a must. Medium is the hottest you should go as a first timer
    - The Pharmacy - best burgers around. I like the Mission City Burger.
    - Mas Tacos - I forget what they are called but the green and white drinks which they make are amazing. Across the street from The Pharmacy so I would grab drinks from there while waiting (and you will wait) to get a table at the Pharmacy
    - Martin's BBQ - my favorite for BBQ in the area.
    - Jeni's Ice Cream - not local (they are from Columbus OH), but ice cream like you've never seen it before. Nashville was one of first places they expanded to
    - Loveless Cafe - a little touristy but solid biscuits; combine this with natchez trace drive below

Nightlife - downtown strip obviously. The best place for live music and a drink is Robert's Western World, a must

Things to check out:
    - Lane Auto Museum
    - 12th Avenue South - just walk around. Cool/hip area and nice park (Sevier) nearby
    - Natchez Trace - pretty drive and good hiking
    - The pedestrian bridge linking downtown to east Nashville is a nice walk as well-
    - There's always cool events happening around town. Check out https://www.nashvillescene.com/ for when you're there

In KY, check out the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. It's also a great track to drive (fast, good mix of corners and very unforgiving) if you have the opportunity.

Typing all of that makes me miss living in Nashville - great city!

OC3 likes this.
  6. OC3

OC3 Rookie

Apr 5, 2016
    Wheaton
    Full Name:
    James
    I will definitely second these two ;) The Pharmacy has an amazing burger and has a cool history I remember.
    12 South is awesome, especially on a nice night or evening to walk around somewhere without being in the heart of the city.

Also- bartaco in 12 South is a favorite. Everytime I have come to Nashville I have gone there and loved it for their tacos/atmosphere.
    Enjoy Nashville!