This is making me sick... | FerrariChat

This is making me sick...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Robbe, Mar 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    even though it is said to be a Cat B vehicle, ie.e. not roadworthy, it still is terrible to watch: a 458 being crushed...video was published today....
    Not for the faint hearted...

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Wtf?
    Why can't a car be parted out??

Afonsolaw likes this.
  3. Joe P.

Joe P. Karting

Feb 22, 2018
    Charlotte NC USA
    Full Name:
    Joe P.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    WTF!!

Give it to me, I´d give it a good home. Even if it doesn´t work, it would look great in my garage.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    That's what happens over here in our state Victoria Australia.

Hooning conviction second time and the car is crushed :(. Hooning can also be just going over 45 Kms over the speed limit

6. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I had no idea what hooning was:

Hoon activities (or hooning) can include speeding, burnouts, doughnuts, or screeching tyres. Those commonly identified as being involved in hooningare young and predominantly male drivers in the age range of 17 and 35 years.

No one can justify doing that to a Ferrari regardless of the reason. The amount of ignorance behind crushing that car is galactic. Have the Taliban taken over another country?

7. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Crazy....just crazy......

Jim

8. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    What a stupid thing to do and such a waste. I watched the video - ugggghhh!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Car never looked to have been crashed front or rear? Maybe the owner was caught drink driving and the court ordered the car to be crushed...

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I hate to say it but from what I am hearing about Australia on FChat makes me ill...

motodavid2000 likes this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    that's JUST HOW IT IS. apparently SPEED KILLS . yeh like being fined and losing points doing 63 in a 60 km zone :( Also we hold the world record for the most speed and red light cameras

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Don't worry - it's not all bad. Aus road laws are unnecessarily draconian out here no question, geared toward making money from the motorist wherever the opportunity presents. However, like anywhere in the world one just needs to exercise caution and common sense where it comes to cops - that way the laws of averages is reduced. We have some amazing roads here - some extremely isolated with zero traffic - with variable terrain covering very long distances. Not every road has cops - they can't be everywhere - you just gotta know where to go. Guys that show off doing burnouts and stupid things like that in a built up areas deserve what comes. Same thing with doing big speeds down expressways and other roads known to the cops....just a matter of time before booom!

I suspect what has happened to this 458 is an act of retribution otherwise the car would have at least been sold off to the breakers for parts. Someone needed to be punished over something - that's what this about for sure.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I heard the car was confiscated from a drug dealer. But why not auction the car and use the proceeds philanthropically?

Bhh and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The owner would still need to give his consent to sell the car and chances are he wasn't prepared to do that knowing he would be unable to keep the proceeds of any sale.

15. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Not sure why you all are pounding on Australia, they have Red Rooster and their McDonald's is ten times better than the garbage served in the USA.

That's worth the price of entry alone..

MANDALAY, Melvok and Shadowfax like this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah! Plus now all our good produce is shipped offshore to China and elsewhere, what's left here is so expensive aussies can't afford to eat anything else but Red Rooster and Macdonalds! Thankfully the Red Rooster and Macdonalds here is still made up out of chicken and cows and, we still have our awesome roads!:)

Makuono and boobernackle like this.
  17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Driving without "protection" is the same as sex without protection :). Could involve some serious consequences. Use Waze, radar / laser jammers etc and dont be silly in metro area's and one will be fine. In fact anyone who speeds in metro area's deserves a fine.

Shadowfax likes this.
  18. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    All good Shack I wouldn't advise to roll w/o protection either. :cool: And agree on the later.

20. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    The car was a UK Category B write-off. That car could have been cobbled together from many and likely not very safe. I'd have used it as no more than an ornament.
    You could not have paid me enough to be a passenger in that let alone drive it. He also had it insured fraudulently though I suspect that was down to it being a CAT B and not legal for road use.
    As mentioned in another thread, breaking for parts opens another can of worms. Just think how great it would be for the British police if they could impound cars and sell them off in parts to fund themselves.
    https://www.gov.uk/scrapped-and-written-off-vehicles/insurance-writeoffs

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  21. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    If you look on the UK site Pistonheads there is all the supporting news stories from the papers. It seems it was a write off repaired with stolen parts. It also refers to insurance fraud. It also states he

MalcQV likes this.
  22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Now this is making more sense...

23. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Never makes sense to me ....

24. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I'd very much prefer to have seen the car auctioned for charity. This is pretty much pointless, to shred a car like this. Benefits no one, imho.

RIP! :(

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Makuono likes this.