Maserati Khamsin | Page 288 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc

I found Pictures of this silver 5-speed car in Germany, with BBS wheels.
    Is this #328 that has been converted back from the special front treatment to original spec?

http://www.auto-boehning.de/contact.html

Best regards
    Roger

2. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  3. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014
    Hello Roger,

i live ca. 100Km away from Auto Boehning. This Wednesday i will be there, to bring my Ferrari 400i to them.

It is a very sympatic and honest Workshop. My friends also bring there cars to him.

If i do not forget, then i will ask him, which VIN his Khamsin has.

Best regards

Zdenek :)

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I don't think that is AM120-328 the modified nose car, I beleive I would have heard if it got a nose jpb, several German Khamsins got these BBS wheels, and they had to be TUV approved at the time but then the experience stopped for some reason, some disagreement I think.

Detective Zdenek vielen dank in advance for your inquest;-)

5. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Zdenek

This workshop must be very popular with Khamsin owners, I found three different ones in various pictures on their website;
    two silver ones and a red one. So you have some talking to doo... Thanks for your offer, would be great to know more
    about them.

Roger

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Good mornring Roger, Zdenek,

The silver car is 296, I was in touch with Markus Bohning in November 2008. He also used to own AM120.040 red extremely early smooth nose car so the red car could be that one if the photos are old...
    Even more interestingly he mentioned that AM120US1158 a US market car but sold new to Germany also had the metal panel instead of plexiglas window initially...

Here a photo of 1158's rear at a show, obviously after Euro bumper conversion AND deletion of the Ralph Nader pimples rectangular sidelights on the rear wings/fenders/

Not sure about the other silver car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

Hello Marc and Roger,

the other silver Khamsin with the rear lights upside down, is i think 174.
    It is my friends Khamsin and it is the best Khamsin i have ever seen in my life (personally).
    Never repainted, all original. Absolutley untouched !!!

Ciao

Zdenek :D

8. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc and Zdenek

Thanks for the enlightenment;
    - the red car on their website is clearly 1158, as the picture is taken from the back, and it shows the metal panel.
    - and 296 I did not know before
    - so 174 is the "Wunscholdtimer" I could not attribute...pic below.
    Thanks again

Roger

9. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

100% correct ;)

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you Roger, and Mr Z...now maybe the owner of 174 will make it really perfect by putting his rear lights in properly...I await the answer holding my breath;-)

11. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014
    Hi Marc,

the Khamsin was delivered with the closed rear panel. My friend also own this original panel with Sticker from Auto König Munich.

The first or second owner changed the panel, with the transparent panel.

We think, that he turned the rear lights upside down, because then they are symmetrical to the side of the body.

But we all agree, that it looks better not symmetrical and original.

Best regards

Zdenek :)

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you for the clarification Zdenek, all is clear now. If you take any photos of the three cars tomorrow we look forward to seeing them.

All the best,

Marc

13. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    In Essen a red Khamsin with white leather was for sale at Steenbuck Automobiles: https://www.steenbuck-automobiles.de/app/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/techno-essen.jpg

Price 169000 EURO
    I can not find it on their website.

I didn't write it down but I think in the description they mentioned that:
    - it is one of 182 original European cars
    - original color is luci del bosco
    - delivered new in Turin, later many years in Austria, then Germany

I noticed a little damage at the front of the passenger door, which I think should be repaired because it spoils the sharp lines.As far as I'm concerned it would be nice to strip the whole car and return it to luci del bosco!
    I did not see the chassis number and I don't know if the leather is original. Also do not know if cars in luci del bosco were available with white leather.

14. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello AMLC

then it cannot be #124 which was for sale previously by steenbuck, although the same color combo,
    since that car was originally grey metallic and sold through Thepenier into France, according to their Website.
    Or luci del bosco was translated to grey metallic but Italy/Austria... instead of France ?

15. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    At Retro Classics in Stuttgart #1050 was for sale by Scheuringer Sportwagenhaus in Linz for EUR 209'900.

Leo Peschl had a very nice and large exhibition stand albeit without any Khamsin, very pleasent person to talk to.
    He has various Khamsins on offer at the moment.

Roger

16. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Hello Roger,

After some research I think it is AM120.056.
    It was mentioned in post #272.
    In Essen I thought it looked like white leather, in post #272 it is called grey, so maybe it is "greyish" white.

Best regards

17. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  18. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Italian lady (La Signora del Tridente) and her Maserati collection, including a Khamsin (dark blue, first series seats, nose vents):

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7194 Nembo1777, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Hi AMLC, Roger,

Back from the Isle of Man where I inspected another Maser, great trip, more in a new thread in the next few days:)

Yes the red car is 056.

Thank you very much for the link to this lady's collection, great to see this. In June last year a Belgian client asked me to inspect three cars near Mantova in a small dealer's lot. This dealer had worked for years trying to buy cars from...this lady. I never knew her name or anything else about her until now, other than that.

Her dad had passed away some time before and while this dealer had wanted to also buy the Cisitalia and the Osca he could only buy three cars from her and those were the cars I went down at my client's request to inspect on June 6 last year.

They were the dark blue Khamsin AM120142, a Kyalami chassis 12 the 6th built and a very tired Sebring. My client bought 2, not the Kyalami. The Khamsin had a broken engine, a piston had kissed a valve. I arranged for the 2 cars to be taken to a top workshop in Italy the Khamsin had its engine rebuilt was reawakened after years of slumber and has now been taken up to Belgium, where the Sebring will get a sympathetic restoration. The Kyalami found another buyer.

What was interesting is that you could tell the same man had used the 3 cars bought new through the years one after the other in a very similar way: a CEO commuting in them, never driving fast, never ever even opening the trunk, all 3 immaculate but having had some small ding and dents in traffic in l'Aquila south of Rome. He had broken the Khamsin's engine twice as it is non matching. Same story for the other 2 cars, never stressed but some dings.

It is wonderful to see how passionate and knowledgeable she is: bravo Signora, my hat off:)

20. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    This may be on this thread somewhere, but haven't looked...

Does anyone know the yellow paint code/number for the small spare wheel on the Khamsin?

Mike

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Mike,

No I never saw that, sorry.

Marc

22. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Mike,

The paint on my spare wheel was peeling. I used Rust-Oleum "7543 Safety Yellow" and it was a decent match.

Ivan

23. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hi Ivan...

Perfect - Many Thanks ! Sorry I missed you all this past weekend, but have been
    busy with many things!

Mike

24. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Hi All, I am after some info on the fan belt tensioner. It is missing on my car! It looks like shorter belts have been squeezed over the pulleys.

I need to get some info on it to see if it is something that could be remanufactured.

Cheers

25. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Series1...

Fan belt ?? tensioner... On the Khamsin the fans are electric, so there is no fan belt..
    If you are referring to a different belt, let us know...

Mike