812 VS Rumors | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Coupes are always better to drive. Safer too...

2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I think that you are fundamentally incorrect. My point was , with correct bracing , any penalty of rigidity compensation for the Aperta would equally entail other weight saving etc- saying an Aperta can not be a real sports car is frankly a ridiculous comment.

LucasFerrari likes this.
  3. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Better - NO. Safer , yes

LucasFerrari and of2worlds like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course they are better. They are stiffer and lighter.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Depends on what you call "better"

On a strictly technical side a coupe will always outperform the open top from the same basis car

Will it give more pleasure to some people people to drive ? yes very probably

JagShergill likes this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    From what has been posted, the F12 TDF just has CF bumper skins. No CF doors, hood or hatchback and all are massive in size. You could also do CF rims, torque tube, lighter weight exhaust material, and lighter rotors (someone posted carbon-carbon more efficient so less mass needed). And that's without going for fenders and supports. It depends on what you call a big margin but certainly can drop the weight. Also have to remember that the engine is bigger and they can go full tilt on the power and a couple percent lower on the gearing. Losing the top would be major. So would replacing the glass. They can do all of that and make the engine heavier and leave the TDF seriously in the dust. Not too early to talk about it IMO.

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It may be ridiculous but I'm not ashamed to stick to it :D

8. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I understand your pioint, cannot disagree, surely it is a marvellous experience to feel the V12 6.5 sing in open air, whatever they will do, aperta, VS, targa, it will be a piece of art and the market will eat it in a second :)

JagShergill likes this.
  9. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, actually, in italian, Tifosi identify especially soccer/football supporters/fans, with shades that go from normal supporters to bad ones, crashing and making caos with smoking bombs, misbehaviours etc. As an italian, I always prefer to be considered as "Appassionato Ferrari" that tranlates into Ferrari Enthusiast" :)

Frenzisko, of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
  12. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It seems like Ferrari are analysing customers and putting them into categories to drive model releases.
    Interesting question for me is not will there be an 812 VS ? but will it be a Limited Edition model ?

13. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Sure, 812 LE could have 840 PS, 1400 kg dry, 730 Nm. Them I think Sergio will launch a super LE as F60 America, an 812 Aperta with unique livery.

14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I think an Aperta will come but well informed opinion on Fchat suggests that it will be a regular production model.
    Maybe coupe VS not LE but limited production run like Pista and a final LE VS Aperta?

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    yes, an 812 S Aperta would weight around 4500 lbs. Not suited to beat any lap time track record. But maybe a wonderful car to enjoy with the roof down: it depends on what you are looking for in a car.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I just like the greater sense of rigidity most coupes have over their convertible versions. Of course, the convertible gives you that wonderful open feeling......

17. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Agree.I love my Speciale but not really interested in Aperta version (lucky as I would not have got one).
    Same with Pista and same with 812.I just think coupes are the purest versions of the VS cars.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well in my opinion, you can't beat a front engine V12 open top Ferrari, I have been lucky enough to own 2.

Just in case, I spoke to the dealer yesterday and told him I want to first on the list if an 812 Spider is on the horizon.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, -CD-, LucasFerrari and 6 others like this.
  19. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Beautiful.There are lots of convertibles I love but not as lightweight VS versions.
    A normal production 812 aperta would be fantastic.

LARRYH and JagShergill like this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Easily. Ferrari only needs 70-100kg though. They'll squeeze a few more powers out of that superb engine, 30 or so.

And then the next models will come...surely now they'll go carbon tub for 812 replacement and 488 replacement. I'm sure hybrid for 812 replacement. So long as it retains the NA V12, it's all good.

21. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Please forgive my naiveté even though my 812 went into production yesterday and I SHOULD know, but what does VS stand for? LE is not rocket science but cannot grasp VS. Thanks in advance..

22. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Versione Speciale

of2worlds likes this.
  23. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks!

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Loving the Daytona spider !

of2worlds likes this.
  25. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Confirmed to me today that VS and Aperta are coming .Impression I got was that Aperta will not be a lightweight but will probably be Limited Edition whereas VS may not be a Limited Edition but limited production run like Pista.

Caeruleus11 and markonex like this.