Garage Lifts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Garage Lifts

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by njcycleguy, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Haha. Thanks. Its actually a ceiling fan on the non-car side of the garage. Walls and ceiling are just knotty pine.

2. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    No - unless you have a really short-nosed car and pull it way forward. Even then the lift is wide enough to not be a problem

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    For what its worth, I've been using BackYardBuddy for 14 years with several lifts now without a fail or any problem at all. Over that time they have gotten more expensive but I agree the difference in price is covered by the peace of mind. They are 4 post lifts. They also make a "SUV" lift- which is bigger to accommodate a SUV under. I have one of those also and I really enjoy the extra space it provides.

4. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    I have the Bend Pak 9xw, extra high extra wide. I can park my Lincoln navigator under it with no issue. Never heard of the condensation in the lock issue. I put them up myself with a few friends. Was a pain in the ass would have been worth it to have someone install but i was bored at the time. I do recommend you bolt them down they are pretty wobbly with out the bolts. I got the first one in 2008 and second about 4 years ago. The ramps are heavy as hell. I use wood blocks under wheels so i dont bottom out with the Testarossa. Im here if anyone has any questions about it. they will give you either a 110v motor or a 220v. the 220 lifts much faster probably twice as fast.

5. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    has anyone heard of the brand QUALITY LIFTS? I heard its one brand that a dealer and installer sells in my area of long island..

Labman likes this.
  6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
  7. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Hi jpanz, looking at a HD-9SWX ie 2 cars on top. Worth installing a 220v outlet rather 110v? Installer tells me faster but obviously need to add power supply so not cost effective.
    Have specced the aluminum ramps as I will need to move them to close garage door

8. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    I have the BendPak double wide lift, and have the 220V. I can't imagine how slow it would be with 110V, I'd certainly upgrade the electric. I highly recommend the aluminum ramps, and regret that I didn't get them. The standard ramps weigh a ton. I also need to use raceramps before I get to the steel ramps, as both of my cars are lowered, and I need the raceramps to get on the lift, without ripping the front of both cars.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    220v all the way. Also have the long ramps for mine as well. Short ramps will lead to damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Try First Choice Auto Equipment

11. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Will get a 220V installed for the lift. Peter has been great, very efficient so far. Will also get the aluminum deck for both spots, they look nice and easier for storage if required.
    What did u guys do for the floor? I got some fancy paint put when we moved in the house 2 years ago but peeling...Think some sort of Epoxy paint might be better. Or should I just go with tiles? Installer says get floor done after lift to avoid any damage during installation

12. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    Can you provide Peter's contact info? I too am in NJ and looking to get a Bendpak installed. Thanks!

13. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I heard a dealer AUTOQUIP Sales which is in my area sells the Quality brand lift is that where you got yours?

14. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That’s who did mine.

15. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    ok great I will contact them thanks labman.... maybe I have seen your cars on the road? you have a 308, 430 and 458?

Labman likes this.
  16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sold the 430 for the 458. 308 I still have :)

17. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I live in dix hills ...... you?

18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fort Salonga. Very close! Have you been to our Sunday meets? FCA member?

19. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    yes close.... No I have not been to any events here, not a member.... my F430 is still at my house in Boca..

20. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    I have BendPak hd9xw and am happy with it. The lightweight aluminum ramps are a must. If I was putting 2 lifts in I would only buy one set of aluminum ramps - how often do you need ramps in place on 2 lifts at the same time?

Support from BendPak has been poor. I ordered the aluminum decks to span the runways because I wanted the ability to use the lift for general storage. BendPak built the decks wrong - twice. I ended up
    Having them modified to fit in the runways. BP was tough to deal with and was awful on logistics of retrieving the second set of incorrectly sized decks. They use a crappy CRM system that makes it very hard to deal with them. Also, they never replied to my inquiries on the proper zerk fittings after one broke on my lift.

I like the lift and how it works, just hoping I don’t have to deal with BP.

21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Depends on how many garages and where the lifts are relative to each other. Two sets of ramps I would recommend if not right next to each other. They are not light and are a bit clumsy. These are the long, extended ramps I’m talking about. One drop accidentally on the back of a car while moving them from lift to lift is all it takes. Also mine are on the outer garages in a three car garage configuration. I keep a set next to each lift in bay one and another in bay three.

22. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    labman which model lift did you go with?

23. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Here you go. Definitely go with the 220V and the extended ramps.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
  25. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I think they were telling me to get the next model up Q4P09H the one you have is big enough etc to fit the cars ? I have 12' high ceiling maybe that's why the suggested the other model... its bigger and taller..but I don't think I need it