The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 69 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Or people who just didn't like his personality, false humility, and canned speeches on the podium? Or fair weather fans who support a single team/driver and stop watching when they're/he's not winning? I'm sure there were those who stopped watching when Schumacher dominated (I started watching in the middle of his era), I recall people opining about how boring F1 was with Vettel winning all the time (and cited his index finger victory celebration as a vulgar gesture), and there will be many more individual drivers to come that will be singled out as the reason someone decides to stop avidly following the sport. It's easy for disinterested departing fans to cite the current champion as the reason for their dissatisfaction without having to think too hard about justifying their changing viewing habits. There are many direct and indirect ways people can tune out because of one driver without it being because they're racists - no driver, no matter what color he is or what team he drives for or how successful he has been, is universally loved.

This isn't 1950 any more and I agree with you that there likely aren't that many ardent racists left to significantly influence viewing figures. What I find more plausible is that a select group of fans who are fascinated by the skin color of a multiple world champion like to perpetuate the myth that, even today with all his success, he's still grinding out a daily battle to overcome intrinsic racism in the sport in order to achieve each victory, each championship, and ever greater heights of success. It's a romantic idea to have a noble black champion ensuring that the racists lose, can do nothing to stop Hamilton, are forced to acknowledge his greatness, and go home to cry while questioning their life choices - but it's an insidious exaggeration and gross disservice to everyone else dissatisfied with the sport to insinuate that they left because of their inherent racism. Furthermore, it is outrageous to launch baseless accusations against those who are not Hamilton fans of being racists.

More broadly, show me genuine racism, not that it's evident that a user doesn't like someone who happens to be a different race to themselves, and I'll come down on them like a ton of bricks - conversely, I will do likewise with those who disrupt the discussion and incite racial tensions with charges of racism that they refuse to substantiate.

Hamilton is a skilled driver, fierce competitor, prolific champion, and unquestionably amongst the greats in the sport's history - but I don't have to like his tactics on track, games with his teammates, personality in interview, or dress sense (or lack thereof). On this site in particular, his greatest crime is that he drives and wins for a team other than Ferrari - the Tifosi don't like seeing the Scuderia beaten. ;) I don't give a **** what color his skin is and don't associate myself with people who do - I am sure you'll find that a prevailing view on FerrariChat.

All the best,
    Andrew.

kes7u, classic308, paulchua and 4 others like this.
  2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He did say it was hard to believe there are that many closed-minded fans left. I think we're on the same page. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Do you think Red Bull Favored Vettel? The answer is yes and yes, there have always been a #1&2 driver in teams. You must be new to F1. But the reason they are the number 1 driver is because they perform better than their team mate. Schumacher was better than Barrichello etc.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And yet nico beat him hands down Number two stuffed the number one. Can’t have been a very big difference in them I’d say. Schumi and senna DESTROYED their teammates, Elton barely scrapes it when he does (except heikki who was awful compared to stroll, let alone anyone else). Marc were looking after their own image, they pay Elton more so they have to have him win, otherwise they are wasting their money. Simple

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

nsxrebel, stavura and Bas like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Schumacher got beat when he came back with Mercedes.
    So you saying Rosberg is better than Hamilton? (Answering this question incorrectly may discredit all of your F1 knowledge going forward )

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Since you came up with the "cars don't sign up autographs" i decided to step to your level of "sillyness"...it was hard though!

stavura, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The difference in rosberg and Elton is minimal, they each have qualities that are good and bad. Schumacher was leagues ahead of every other driver in his prime. At Mercedes, he was there developing the car, yet he still performed admirably in crap equipment

You seem to know very little, and talk a lot. Maybe you need to learn something about the subject before you continue and end up making a mug of yourself

stavura, Finlander and Bas like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I thought I would add, before you hang yourself completely out to dry, that I have been in the pits at various f1 events over the years, always with ferrari it has to be said as I don’t swing any other way, from 2004 until 2013. In all that time, Elton’s reputation has been one of a whiny, high maintenance, over opinionated driver of great ability, hampered by his serious character and attitude flaws. On the other hand, within those same pits, while Schumacher was envied to the point of hatred, he always had the utmost respect of EVERYONE for being the man he is. Rosberg has the reputation of being a thoughtful, articulate, knowledgable gentleman, whose only flaw over the years has been a tendency to react badly to being undermined, he hasn’t the outright mental toughness of a schumi. Elton, on the other hand, just has tantrums. As a result, the proposition of Elton joining ferrari, within the team as I knew them, found that hilariously ridiculous.

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can add to that, people that worked with him, starting as young as his karting career, he never accepted responsibility for mistakes or things going wrong...if he lost a karting race he'd blame anyone but himself. Engines, set ups. Too much fuel, this that.....it's not new.

Wonder why he stands on his own all the time on the parade laps? Not because he's getting ''in the zone'', let me tell you that much...

10. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    There's a certain US gal who has just one more race that isn't the best liked for the same reasons.......

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton:
    Passed Schumacher in most poles of all time
    Passed Schumacher all time front row starts
    Passed Mansel as greatest British driver ever
    4 WDCs
    Do you you think those stats and Rosberg stats are minimal? If so you know very little, and talk a lot. Maybe you need to learn something about the subject
    Im not saying he is better than Scumacher, im saying he is one of the best

ATBNM3 likes this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nope..he's crap...and he sucks...and there are at least 3 british drivers who were far better than him, no matter how many more races or titles he wins....one of them never even won a WDC and yet is regarded by everyone who knows something about racing as one of the best ever, and streets ahead of Elton...so you see, stats mean nothing, except for those who don't have the knowledge or the ability to evaluate a driver for his skills and need books and numbers to decide if he's good or bad.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Passed Mansel as greatest British driver ever

Mandell was a diva and an idiot, but on his day he was amazing and did things Elton can only dream off!! i can remenber 2 or 3 races from Nige that are worth more than all of Elton's championships....and he's very very far from being the best driver, even in British terms.

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    This thread is in mid-season form! Let's all take a breath and try to enjoy the season which is upon us. I'm hoping for a tight battle up front that demands all of the skills of the front-runners. This, in turn, will allow us to forget about the safety abomination that now sits atop the cars.

Bas and NeuroBeaker like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said, I personally don't understand the hate myself. I 'hate' him on a non-personal level because he's a competitor of Ferrari, but that's where my 'hate' stops. As a human being, he seems on par with many other F1 personalities of the past. I'm open minded though, and open on being educated on specific reasons why he 'sucks.' (and I mean from a personality perspective, not performance)

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So your admitting Senna championships mean nothing, Schumacher titles mean nothing, every F1 stat in history means nothing

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Paul, it has more to do with battle lines than Hamilton. 'For every over-the-top action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.'

NeuroBeaker and paulchua like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Is this privately? Every time something goes wrong in the last few seasons (albeit rarely) he seems to have been gracious about it - and trust me I'm no Lewis Fan, but I would argue Vettel's behavior last season was far more unprofessional.

ATBNM3 and ktu like this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    interesting..do you mean as in past wrongs I may be ignorant* about?

*not being facetious, I only got into F1 starting the 2015 season.

Cheers

ATBNM3 likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    btw, love the tipo 119 on your pic! :)

ricksb likes this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seriously...where do you get that from???
    It is really tiresome to discuss with you when you bring on unreasonable "arguments" and then read whatever you want into the answer on them even implying things that were never said...
    But I will try to help you to understand "the logic" by bring it up in CHRONOLOGICAL order:
    1.) It was mentioned that Lewis would have won the WDC if he was in the Ferrari instead of Vettel...
    2.) I replied that I doubt it that because it is more the car than the driver making the difference and if you would have swapped the drivers Lewis/Seb the WDC and WCC would have still been on the Mercedes side because the difference Seb-Lewis is much smaller than the difference Mercedes-Ferrari...
    3.) Now you have your big appearance asking why Lewis won 4 WDC against his team mates if it is not the car...First of all I have no clue what this has to do with a comparison Vettel/Hamilton as they were never team mates and what can be said about Lewis (winning 4 against his team mate) can be said as well about Vettel. I do not know whether you realized that every single WDC in the history of F1 has beaten his team mate and according to you that means that the car never mattered at all? To make it clear: Lewis NEVER won in an inferior car, neither did Seb so nothing indicates that any of them would have only by beating their team mate...
    4.) Now I come with the ultimate example of how the car matters with Lewis loosing the WDC against Nico...Obviously the car was so good that even the second rated Nico (read numerous posts of Lewis-fanboys over the last 4 years) was able to win a Championship in that car and now you try to turn this around by implying I would say that I think the 1xWDC is better than the 4xWDC??? Were did I say that??? And furthermore Nico was not beaten 4-1 like your glorious football team but 2-1....So your example is not only wrong by principle but even more so by the numbers.

I think it is great that you came out of your deep sleep of the last 6 years in this forum by letting us taking part in your opinion on a single matter (as apparently you never posted elsewhere than this thread) and to help out people with congestion since they closed down the last TOILet by opening a new one but as said these discussions are rather tiresome. We could bring all the same arguments over and over again why the stats you guys are constantly fap on are not telling the whole story as they are difficult to transfer into the 1990 and impossible into the 1950/60s due to countless of variables. But as I think these arguments will reach you just as much as they reached toil/tesla and a few others I would suggest we end it here...Have a great time praising your buddy in a Ferrari forum...

stavura, Finlander, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There are twice the races nowadays in every season, it’s impossible for schumi records of points, poles, races etc to stay in place, common sense tells anyone that. You definitely are a trier, I’ll give you that, but maybe you should cancel your VPN Toil and admit who you really are. The ******** statistics used to deflect common sense give you away!

stavura and Bas like this.
  23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It does go back a few years. Things die down for a minute, but there is a specific behavior that causes it to continue cropping up again.

paulchua likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think you made the comment "why did he lose 1 then" were you referring to Rosberg beating Hamilton once? If so i was stating Hamilton beat Rosberg twice. Also if you say it is the car and not the driver, does that mean you can blame his "car" because of the engine failure he had that year that gave Rosberg the win? If it's the car, then Lewis was the best driver that year, not Rosberg. I like Ferrari & Mclaren too. I hope for more close racing. All I'm saying is that I've never heard so many excuses why you're no good if you won 4 Wdcs until Lewis came along

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Twice as many races? There were 17 in 2001 and 19 in 2014 (Hamilton's 2nd title)
    Seems you are a trier as well!

ATBNM3 likes this.