Epic...Gated Scuderia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Epic...Gated Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by ///Art, Mar 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Yes! Definitely your car and you do what you like with it. And even better; you keep us posted while you are doing it! :cool:

2. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Not sure this is a scud. Def a scud badge.

redcaruser likes this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    From the pics posted so far it seems to have a full scud interior, seats, dash, floor mats and silver painted sills, etc. What makes you think otherwise?

Sent from my S8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  5. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    I think you got this pegged. This car is actually a 355 with a 430 scud fiberglass body.

I spent some time with this real scud today. It is one bad Mamba Jamba!

360trev likes this.
  6. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    It’s a scud

7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Awesome!! Any hint on cost/feasibility of duplicating this?

8. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I'm still not convinced, too playful all these pictures. For me still a fake-story.

9. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    woooha! i would love to have a manual scud!

really like this, give us more pics!!!

10. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The conversion process is the same as for the F430 - mechanically very simple and since I helped Lorenzo to figure out the electronics side, that part of the swap is well understood too, so to see this is not a surprise. It must be fun.

I have the parts to convert mine should I ever get tired of Superfast 2, however, the one area of this conversion I'd like to see is the centre console, becausr the Scud console is over 1" shorter than the F430 which means the gear lever assembly sits proud. In the photo it looks like the cosmetic shroud is almost flush with the Scud console.

Can you please post detailed photos of that area?

G. Pepper and 360trev like this.
  11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes, i noticed that, I actually thought they used the factory silver trim piece from F430 manual.

12. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They have, Trev, but that's designed to sit on a console that's 1" taller in the car, and the Scud console is also contoured differently on each side by approx 10mm, so the manual trim wouldn't sit flush anyway even if the console was the right height. I'm keen to see how they addressed the cosmetics....

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    AHH got it, I was speaking to Eddie about your superfast conversation, impressive stuff, my car is over at Christian Lewis for another few weeks getting all kinds of stuff done. If your going to be around let me know, perhaps we can meet up in person!

mwstewart likes this.
  14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ahh, he said yours was in. That would be good: I think mine will be in for its annual next month so I'll give you a shout.

360trev likes this.
  15. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Fantastic! Love it. His car to do whatever he wants to, scud or not.

Everyone keeps talking about the blindingly fast shifts of the Scud. Where can you safely drive like that these days?
    In the Republix of Ontario where I live 50Kmh (not mph) over and you get to wear those nice silver bracelets, quad insurance rates, $10K fine and your car is confiscated.

Enjoy using your left leg brother!

16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Wow... Makes me very glad to live in Isle of Man, over here on our little island outside of the main towns the roads are derestricted entirely, fantastic for it to be actually possible to explore the performance, having said that I still prefer the slick metal H gate!!

17. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Very cool. Very Very Cool!

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Love the scud no matter how you shift it.

19. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    It is sort of funny to me how many many more monies people will pay for a regular 360/430 in gated but convert a varient that Luigi never happened to put together in the factory that way and oh nos! Heresy! Hehe

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'd convert an F430, but not a Scuderia. But to each his own! Definitely a radical modification. Enjoy it and post more pics.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  21. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Why not? Scud is more of a driver's car in the first place so heightens senses and pleasure of driving over F430, it would work really well and must be an absolute riot to drive!

I think it's actually quite a tame (but cool) modification these days since all the parts are Ferrari (abet the custom fab for perfect center console), and Mark has worked out all the ecu bits required anyway, so the point is it's entirely swappable at any time either way so with quite a fast turnaround time so you can convert back/forth and and when you want... just keep original bits!

At the end of the day it's just a hydraulic actuator and simple microcontroller rowing gears rather than you....doesn't detract from the fact that this is the lightest f430 with best styling and power output, not to mention e-diff and all the other cool goodies that came with the car. Id actually consider doing this myself but it's now just too similar to my car plus ive achieved same performance as stock scud anyway with good old fashioned weight reduction :)

INTMD8 likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's the ting, though. I'm not interested in the CS or Scuderia because I prefer the civility of the street versions. I take my cars on day drives and vacations. My 360 stick is the perfect balance for me, but an F430 stick could be even better. I go to a track only once every other year or so. It's fun, but not something I want to do all the time.

I'm going to rent an F430 F1 for a day and see how I like it.

23. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I never understand this point of view. People say this sort of thing all the time when they talk about new sports cars. "500 bhp? Why have that much power? You can't use it on the road."

I think that's total BS. You absolutely can exploit extreme performance of a car on the road, and even not break any laws if you're worried about that. For example, if you merge onto a highway from a slow speed, you can floor it and experience the rush of acceleration (and the superfast scud shifts) without exceeding the speed limit. Same as when you're passing slower traffic on any road. Of course, if you're willing to exceed the speed limit from time to time, you can really have fun, as my friends and I do on weekends in the canyons. Can you drive around at 200 mph? Of course not. But that doesn't mean you can't ever enjoy the performance that the car has to offer.

redcaruser and Flea7 like this.
  24. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    If Ferrari had actually built a one off gated scud and it was exactly the same as this car... it would go for probably a half million and everyone would be like woah dude! That’s the one off gated scud!!!