488 GTB windows all the way down when turn off the car | FerrariChat

488 GTB windows all the way down when turn off the car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GabeArana, Mar 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GabeArana

GabeArana Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    GABRIEL ARANA
    I just got a new 2018 488gtb and for some reason when I park and turn off the car the driver window goes all the way down instead of just a little and I don’t know how to deactivate or what to do, not even the dealer knows, annoyed.... I also saw the “car wash mode” on the screen I don’t know if it has anything to do with it.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

These may be two independent problems. As far as the car wash mode is concerned, are you turning off the ignition with the transmission in neutral.

3. GabeArana

GabeArana Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    GABRIEL ARANA
    Normally I put it in neutral and parking brake automatically

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

With the car in gear switch off the ignition. Car wash mode will not be activated.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. GabeArana

GabeArana Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    GABRIEL ARANA
    Thanks, got it, now the second part of the question, why does the window go all the way down when I turn off the. At and then open the door? It’s suppose to open a little and close when you go out and close the door, heee the window stays down.

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So the window going down as you open the door is to clear the weather-stripping/door seal and then come back up, as you noted, when the door is re-closed.

I suspect there is probably a limit switch that is supposed to stop the window in its "clearance" position and this is not working so letting the window go all the way down. And in its fully lowered position there is no control algorithm to raise the window back up when the door is closed.

Does the passenger door do the same?

7. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    I would say that the window motor has a hall-effect sensor in it like most modern cars. The window stops may need to be relearned.

Viperjoe likes this.
  8. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Put window down with button and keep button depressed for 5 seconds. Then put window all the way up and hold button for 5 seconds.