new TR owner here!!! | FerrariChat

new TR owner here!!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ferralc, Mar 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Hi there, I want to introduce myself as a new owner of a beautiful and well sorted 19881/2 Red/Crema TR.
    I already have another Ferrari, a 2003 360 Spider but I believe the TR is the most iconic Ferrari ever (poster car I had on my wall)
    My 360 was purchased HERE and I am so happy to let you know that the TR was purchased HERE as well.
    this is Natkingcolebasket69 TR
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/88-testarossa-for-sale-105k-25kmiles.561692/

Ferrarichat is a great source not only of information but of great examples, maintained by meticulous enthusiasts. I have not seen my new to me TR in person but Natkingcolebasket69 was great to deal with, and I cannot be happier.

I am so glad that honesty is still part of our world, he made sure everything worked, he took it to the shop to fix every single minor thing before telling me the car was ready to be sold.

Public thanks to him and please welcome me to the FlatV12 club!!!!!!

2. truedriverscar

Aug 21, 2017
    Congrats! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by having a mid-mounted, 12 cylinder beast of an engine.

Post some pics of the two when the Testarossa arrives!

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thanks! Hopefully it meets your expectations and now i got go get myself a 512TR soon to replace her;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferralc likes this.
  4. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Always great to hear of a pleasant and transparent transaction between F-chatters. Honesty & integrity are still alive - there is hope!

Safe driving.

5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats!! Nat seems pretty anal about his cars (no offense Nat). I am sure the car is perfect, and from the pictures I saw, it looks perfect. Enjoy! and Nat you still need to contribute to the TR forum.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Oh well i try to keep great so it oulives us;) next one os already being planned.

7. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congrats to both of you

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    welcome to the flat 12 friends

here in this forum you will get help if needed from very helpfull people and as I know no problem until now has not been solved :)

ridege55 likes this.
  9. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    interesting... I sold my ‘04 spider after 5 years or so. Still have my same tr for some 21 years now.

the 360 was too ‘frenetic’ for my taste. it will be interesting to hear your comparisons.

welcome to the TR!

cheers,
    vincenzo

10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Congrats to both seller and buyer

11. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The feeling you get when the car on your bedroom wall is now in the garage. Priceless. Congrats, it never gets old walking out to the garage and seeing an icon knowing its 'yours'.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  12. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Thanks guys I appreciate!
    Vincenzo about the 360 being "frenetic", yes it is and I actually love it, the car ha sos much feedback from the road, and you really need to know how to correct it, but it is very rewarding, and it is actually really fast,
    It is an "analog" experience which newer models lack, the last analog Ferrari (ABS and traction control and that is about it) because the F430 had electronic differential and more electronic aids.
    That is why I wanted a TR because it will be even more direct and old school.

truedriverscar likes this.
  13. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Congrats!

Pre 92' is called a tr / post 92 is called a TR..
    Not my quote , Pininfarina's !

14. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Congrats!

Long time (20+ years) owner of a TR and a 430 Spider. Also owned a 360 before the 430. You have exquisite taste in fine automobiles.

The TR is a great addition - the analog driving experience, road feedback, and sound is unmatched. And the public typically identifies the TR as a classic Ferrari.

Let me know if you need any cassette tapes for your classic 80s car and I’ll send them to you.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 and ferralc like this.
  15. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Haha cassette tapes
    You will not believe it but I went to this music store a week ago that still sells cassette tapes, I felt in a time machine
    I took a picture of them!
    (Didn’t buy any thought)
    I believe the car has been upgraded to a modern 90s CD player !!! Image Unavailable, Please Login

turbo-joe likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

People are definitely giving you thumbs up with the TR.
    For the sound, i would agree although quite frankly the 458 with a nice exhaust is the best sounding ferrari i ever been in.
    As far as driving road feedback etc there is some truth to this however the TR tends to roll compare to the 512 which has a lowe center of gravy and is overall a better car but twice the moneh....;)

17. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    Congratulations! I was driving mine yesterday, amazing cars!

18. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Can you get me that Dokken tape? I have been getting back in to records over the last 4 to 5 years...... I bought the same exact Phillips turntable with Grado cartridge I had in high school. I bought an old analog receiver and put in led lights for low heat. When I drink my Peroni's tonight I will be listening to.?.......who knows, Boston, Crack the Sky, Maybe Scorpions in Turbo Joe's honor! All analog just like the tr.

turbo-joe likes this.
  19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why in my honor? only because I´m german and the scorpions are a german rock band??
    I had some conversations with klaus meine in hannover in november 2008 after the tribute concert for peter panka`s ( RIP ) JANE and also like the music from scorpions. but when I go with my BB or competition or also with my renault 5 turbo 2 the radio always is OFF, I enjoy the 12 cylinder 4 stroke music in the back and after then relaxing with some tapes from this area or CD´s. still have a few vinyl disks :) and I like sometimes the "scratching" from those - so old fashioned :)

20. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Romano, you always are good and try and help fellow Ferrari members, so it was my way of Thanking you. ......and we'll yes the German thing does work also.

21. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats!!!!!

22. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Nice little thread here. A good read. Congrats to seller and buyer.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

I woudl add to this thread that selling a TR is not hard and if car is good. Main issue with non selling TR are no recent belt or service AND above all ridiculous price asking.
    Not to bash people but none of them go for asking price.

24. tommydogs

tommydogs Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy Robinson
    Congrats, hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!

25. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Here are both
    They look amazing together

Attached Files: