488 Used Pricing | FerrariChat

488 Used Pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RJR14, Mar 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RJR14

RJR14 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    John R
    Hello all, looking for some advice on used 488 from the dealer. In regards to the asking price on a 2016 488, is there a rule of thumb these cars are usually marked up? Its original sticker was 330,000 and the mile are 3,500. Asking 279,000. Trying to enter negotiations but not sure where a good starting point is? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Not much meat on that bone. Maybe a few large.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. RJR14

RJR14 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    John R
    Thanks Viperjoe, is the market kind of dictate that price currently regardless of the original sticker price on the car? It seems
    to be most are priced in that range almost regardless of options ?

4. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    Options usually lead to desirability, but it’s rare for people to pay much more for higher sticker cars. Things like Carbon Fiber is just money thrown away when it comes to resale — it’s purely for the first owner’s desires.

Many will say things like the Lifter and Driving Zone LEDs are critical for resale desirability, but then some say you need racing seats whereas others swear by full electric.

Viperjoe likes this.
  5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That price seems pretty good, I would be looking to make sure you get the most for your trade and you have a deal.

6. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Spot on. The market determines the price based on model year and mileage. Options have little to no influence although certain options can move a car faster.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Fwiw , a buddy of mine just bought a Grigio 2017 GTB from Mike at Yellow Compass with a 301k list , 1800 miles for 264k.

obbob likes this.
  8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Damn!

9. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    If that car was a RC exterior color, it would've fetched more and sold much earlier.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  10. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    This really depends, keep in mind we are going into the "Summer" months, the Carbon Fiber options EXCEPT steering wheel do NOTHING for resale value. On a car with the specs you mentioned, I would venture into the $270-275K range. It only has 1 year of warranty left, but see if you can have another year included, but I believe all CPO cars from dealers have 2 years included. In certain markets, like if you leave in/near a major city, suspension lifter is a must, otherwise it will sit.

There's another forum member, name starts with a GH##### that has been looking for a used 488, perhaps they can chime in too?

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Maybe , maybe not. There are plenty of people like me who won’t buy a red car.

Viperjoe and galt like this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    One thing is for sure, the 488 is going to be a great car at $200k some day.

13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Probably sooner than later. :)

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I seriously doubt in 2018.

Viperjoe likes this.
  15. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The other thread indicated a 2014 458 was purchased over $100K below list. I am afraid the days of Ferrari’s holding their value are slipping away fast.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Market dependent I think. More are opting for different colors these days too. As nice as red is, it just doesn't show off the curves in the 488 body as the metallic silvers and grey's do imho. There always seems to be more reds for sale in general, probably because of the stigma attached to buying a first Ferrari in red or something, but on resale the reds appear to sit around much longer in comparison to the silvers and grey's. Maybe some of that also has to do with the options or lack there of too.....hard to say.

17. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    I would disagree, I had my 488 for a year and put a couple thousand miles on it, traded it in late last year to F dealer and lost less than 10% off MSRP... Keep in mind it lacked the useless options that do little on resale, etc.

If I had any other supercar, I would've lost a lot more.

18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’m sure the 488 spider will hold its value until I get mine in a few weeks. Then look out below. Lol

Darn it , I meant to quote boobernackle.

19. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I'm kind of with you here on the metallic silvers/grays w/ the 488. Looks gorgeous, and prefer them over reds for the 488's lines.

20. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    My trade mentioned above was a 488 GTB... not a Spider.

21. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Only 488 GTB you'll see at $200K anytime soon would be the clown car that I posted a few months ago... silver exterior, clown colored interior (red, purple, beige and blue).

Napoli likes this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Can you educate me on this one being in a different country. When you are saying MSRP is that the cost of the car plus on the road drive away with all taxes paid ?

For eg over here 488 GTB $375 K then add luxury tax brings it to $480 k then add sales tax and its $515 drive away.

See if I said I lost 10% it would be 515k , 10% 51.5 k

23. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    My situation is in the USA. In Australia, you all get HOSED with taxes and fees, so I have no idea what the resale scenario would be. When I meant MSRP, it only included the full vehicle sticker price and no taxes included. In my state, I get a sales tax credit on the trade, so I got most of it back...

Example:
    Let's say your trade in is worth $20,000
    You want to buy a car that is worth $30,000
    So you only pay sales tax on the difference ($10,000)

This varies from state to state in the USA, so is not applicable to all.

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You guys have it great. But we have less cars. So what ever cars are for sale have a price above the price it was bought with all the taxes. Eg my car optioned + taxes 580K , one year latter will sell over that

25. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That literally made me laugh out loud.