Cuba...anyone been? | FerrariChat

Cuba...anyone been?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by renman95, Feb 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    In a few days Mrs. renman95 and I are cruising around the island with stops in Havana and Cienfuegos. It's a last minute deal because the original trip was cancelled last week! So we jumped through hoops trying to find something that would fit w/i our airline ticket window. It's a so-so cruise when compared to the original...which was two days in Havana, one in Santiago, and one in Cienfuegos. It was on a Greek ship that was all inclusive and sailed out of Montego Bay.

My bucket list, as it were, is to have a Montecristo No. 2 or similar in one of Havana's Casa del Habanos with a little Havana Club rum. My wife is a photographer and is excited about the capturing the old American cars and dilapidated buildings.

I'm looking forward to the trip, not the flight though. It's a long haul.

2. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    You'll like Havana and Cienfuegos, for the cigar and drink dream. The wife will enjoy the photo ops. Just be careful taking pictures of police and government buildings. Cubans are still touchy about those pictures! Airports included.

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Did you ever go on this trip? How was it?

4. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

No but I've had it up to here with girls I know posting facebook pictures of themselves in resprayed rust bucket "classic cars" down there and bragging that "this car was driven by Kim Kardashian when she visited". LOL

5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The good part is that you have the cruise ship to return to. Takes a lot of the risk and hassle out of trying to get a good hotel in Cuba.

6. Royal Caribbean sends me info on the Cuba cruise. Looks tempting.