For Sale - White 599 GTB - Fire in the engine area | FerrariChat

For Sale White 599 GTB - Fire in the engine area

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by StartedFromTheBottom, Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Hey,

we're offering this beautiful EU 599 GTB in white which had a fire in the front left area which destroyed almost all cables and plastics in the engine area. No other accidents before. The engine should be fine after cleaning. So this car should be no big deal for somebody who has some time and passion to put a whole electric cable tree through the car.
    The colour combo is awesome white with Cuoio interior full of carbon fiber in good condition, 4 point carbon racing seats. Front hood and left fender already replaced with new parts. This car is way too beautiful to break it down into spares... Fully filled Service book available. 88.000km ran.
    Car is located in Germany. Interior Pictures see also here: https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-f1-benzin-weiss-71e97267-acc6-c81c-e053-e250040afe94
    Export is possible on your efforts.
    Price is 39.500€

Text me for any information.
    Regards

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    What caused the fire? Electrical short? Ruptured fuel line? Does it run? Does it run properly? More information would be helpful.

3. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Pretty sure it doesn’t run...

4. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Of course it doesn't... what a question ;) the cause is unknown because nobody cares... we're not the police.

5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Interesting opportunity for someone who knows what they are doing.

Having said that your police comment reminds me of this. :)

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Your posted link goes to some unrelated shopping site...

7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Does it run, really? ( derogatory remarks not included )

tomberlin likes this.
  8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    It has a better chance of flying in it's current state.

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  9. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    You're right... i don't know why it doesn't work... sorry for that. Anyone interested just text me.

10. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    I hate to think how much all the burnt out engine parts would cost to replace let alone a whole new loom. That is a minefield of damage, truthfully this surely has to be a parts car. Obviously it doesn't run but can the engine be turned by hand or is it siezed?

Formula Uno likes this.
  11. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    It had no impact or any other accident so the engine should run properly. The temperature of the flames shouldn't have have done a lot to the metal engine parts. Yes it s a bit of work. But for somebody who has the time to clean the engine and to replace the cables i think it s a nice job. Takes some time and patience. We could help with the sourcing of parts.

12. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Agreed, if it was my car I'd tear the whole thing down just to make sure everything was right. The front shock replacement will not be cheap. If the ceramic rotors need to be changed it's big bucks.

Formula Uno likes this.