Granturismo trunk release not working | FerrariChat

Granturismo trunk release not working

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by deangpsx8, Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deangpsx8

deangpsx8 Formula Junior

May 2, 2008
    Melbourne-Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean C
    Hi Guys, today I decided to put the battery on the GT on charge as it hadn't been driven for a while.
    I tried opening the trunk from the trunk lid and also from the dash button and nothing happened.
    I tried starting the car, it barely cranked.
    I used the pull loop under the rear seat to open the trunk. I charged the battery.
    Problem..trunk release not working.
    I checked fuse F38 and all OK.
    I dismantled the lock assembly and the actuator checks fine.
    It seems like there is no power getting to the actuator.

Any ideas?
    Anyone have a wiring diagram?
    Is the actuator controlled by an electronic module or is it directly controlled from the switch?

Thanks in advance.

Dean from the land down under

2. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Dean: Your problem is better addressed at the "Maserati Life" forum. They have a very active group with the newer cars.

3. deangpsx8

deangpsx8 Formula Junior

May 2, 2008
    Melbourne-Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean C
    Thanks. Got it working. It seems like after the battery runs flat, you need to use the remote control to lock and unlock the doors, after which the trunk release mysteriously starts working again.
    I discovered all of this after pulling the thing apart to test the actuator, and testing all fuses and relays.
    Maserati Life - A little like my Italian trophy wife, who is the driver of this car.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    FYI there is an emergency cable pull driver’s side rear between the bottom seat cushion and the side trim

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yeah. After having the battery disconnected, I cycle the door locks via the FOB a few times then stuff like this works. The same happens with the window drop and auto door open with the touch of the door open buttons.

6. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I had the same thing happen. If you follow the owner's manual or get advice on ************, they all recommend charging the battery remotely (not hooked up to car), then reinstalling battery, then putting key in ignition and barely turning it--just so the lights and sensors come on--not engine cranking. Let key sit in this position (with lights and sensors on) for a minute or so. The electronic system seems to need that time to get rebooted.

After that, I started the car and all was good. I try to drive the car every 7-10 days, seeing as it's in a parking garage (dirt roads at my house...). Takes commitment to keep driving it, but that's what they're made for! Good luck.

deangpsx8 likes this.