For Sale - 720S McLaren | FerrariChat

For Sale 720S McLaren

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by doccharlie954, Feb 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Afonsolaw likes this.
  2. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I think I saw it as I was passing by last week. Nice. GLWS.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's an amazing color!!

4. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Beautiful

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous!! GLWS

6. RonMathMD

RonMathMD Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
  7. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    Bob. Can I ask why everyone including yourself is unloading these new cars?

Interested but I’m scratching my head why the new supercar is being sold in droves without markup..

Some guy didn’t believe me when I was at a dealer and his dad was picking one up. I was telling him I was interested in picking up a used one and he laughed. He said there is a waitlist for these and there is no way someone would sell such a car at cost... I just turned and walked away.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    1) "Everyone" is not unloading these cars, there are a handful for sale in the country.
    2) Show us where they are being sold in "droves".
    3) Everyone has their own reason for selling their car although I would be interested to know as well especially with such few miles.

LI2782 likes this.
  9. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

travisTLGC likes this.
  10. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=cargurusTM&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2605&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=13031&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefined&sortDirection=undefined#resultsPage=1

There are currently 23 cars being offered on Car Gurus and a good majority are at MSRP or lower. These are not difficult cars to obtain.

pshep138, REMIX, Sky Hye and 2 others like this.
  11. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    glad guy got it sold..

yes, to the comment above. if it is a waitlist car and it's not being sold above retail, it's showing a hint at customer dissatisfaction.. all you gotta ask is why someone would sell a "rare" car at a discount???? to unload it to get back the equity as quick as possible. look at the 911R and yes a limited car, or any GT3 once again limited numbers a year coming into US, they sell above retail, why because they are desirable and command a high price, if people didn't want them they would have to discount to the level where someone would want it. this thing is about as supercar for the mass as you can get without being at Laferrari or 918 levels.. it is the benchmark right now in style, performance, exotic, with a commendable price point.. they aren't being bid up and up... so basic logic tells you............

once again, I want one, I am just wondering why there is so many being sold, so many bad videos on you tube. maybe it's visibility, maybe it's the gas tank, maybe it feels uncontrollable to drive?? I don't know but I want a real person to tell us besides some you tube pimple teens whats what with the car

thurman_merman likes this.
  12. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I can only give you my thoughts from my experience. I have had them all 12c, 650S 675LT 720S (not the P1)...

Of all of them the 675LT is just a hands down incredible "go kart" for the streets. It WAS and IS a purpose built car with limited run. Only 500 in coupe and 500 in Spider WORLDWIDE. I have over 5K miles on my 675LT coupe, LOVE it. It has become one of my most favorite cars in a long time. I daily drive it currently. I removed it from my website as I really do not wan to sell it. I have since had TWO 720S cars in. These cars have a lower MSRP then the 675LT, they are NOT a limited edition car, nor a purpose built car.
    They are in fact a production line car with the production numbers going high as its just a new model type, as was the transition from 12c to 650...the 675 in-between was a one year only purpose built vehicle with limited numbers.

The 720S is a MUCH softer ride then the 675LT, it brakes different, turns different and rides different...true it is FAST as hell, but the fastest is not always the best. You can only tell the difference in speed if you have a watch with 1/100 of a second hand to tell.

Then I also think you need to take into account the style of the new car. For me it has NO WHERE near the beauty and the sharp radical angles of the 675LT, not to mention all the CF and the sound of the motor. Yes it does have a different sound with its 4 ltr, the 720S is to refined sounding. I also for one, just do not like the T-Top styling of glass in the door, nor the way it opens with so much of the cars body.

Of course these are just a few of my thoughts, both are fantastic cars, but for me, picking one is easy...the 675LT

Roy Cats

SoIllFerrari, TheMayor and HH11 like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good stuff Roy. You are luck to be able to experience so many different models.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Doesn't car guru show cars that come into the dealership? I believe so. These cars are likely cars that belong to people, maybe not all. My dealer has exactly ZERO. Also the 720 is the production car, not limited. The LT version will be more desirable and limited but this doesn''t take away from the 720 which is an incredible super car no matter what it is compared to. Check out cars.com on the 720, these cars are actually for sale, only a handful and at list or well above. Go drive one and make your own judgement.

This one sold quick and at or over list is indicative of the market.

15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't believe any 720s are selling over list. They're readily available at virtually any McLaren dealership in the country so it wouldn't make sense for any buyer to pay over list. If you've got $3-400k to spend on a toy chances are you aren't an idiot (with no internet) that thinks these are in limited supply.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Are you in the market or just speculating? What do you mean by readily available? They are about 6 months out on orders. There are very few new and a handful of used.

17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm actively in the market, and when I say "readily available" I'm talking about cars that are currently in dealer inventory or inbound within the next several weeks and have not been spoken for (no deposits). If someone is willing to take a car that was spec'd by the selling dealer or a drop out customer, there are many to choose from - one dealer I spoke with has 7 of them that are either on the ground or inbound. If a buyer wants to choose colors/options the wait is around 6 months for from time of order to physical delivery.

galt likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good luck Joe, you should have plenty to choose from then. It is a phenomenal car, make sure to pics when you get yours.

19. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    so here's the consensus I found out surfing the Internet wondering why people are selling them..

-it's too squishy.. they wanted a battle beast, and as someone once put it on here a long time ago I read.. "you get a Porsche turbo to sip lattes, you buy a GT3 if you love driving".. I think this sums it up..

if you actually look, it's quite true in the shift in trend. people want a GT3, not a turbo... people want the track version,the normal version doesn't cut it anymore with people who start owning more and more cars.. and this makes sense again psychologically.. once you have a car with GPS and al the gizmos, what's the next thing to want? the stripped bare, raw, vibrating, loud car that sells for more with less...

once again ,I have never driven one, I have witnessed talking to the owners son of one, and again, he didn't believe me they were selling for retail as he said no way if there is a waitlist... again I walked away as I had all I needed to know.. the 720s has killer looks, with a kitten purrrrrr

cgt000 likes this.
  20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You got a consensus by surfing the internet...

If you wanted to make conclusions based on surfing the internet then you would probably think the 488 is a lousy car...because you know, there is a lot of them for sale or have been sold with very low miles (ie., less then 2,000). People buy/sell cars for a lot of different reasons and it isn't necessarily because they don't like them. Sometimes a person buys a car to be able to get another car and so on.

488/720s buyers can buy GT3's but not necessarily the other way around. Big price difference between 488/720 and GT3.

People want a track version because they are usually limited in numbers not because they actually want to track them. You'll very rarely see track versions of cars or exotics in general being tracked.

My area dealer there is currently a 6 month wait. 40 delivered so far. 2 of them were re-sold (one due to a person having visa issues and second person had his own reasons).

Monsieur Yoge and liquid360 like this.
  21. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    yes I did and Roys post confirms what I believe to be the general consensus. I don't have a Neighbor with a 720s.

I'm sure is potent and amazing, but when people get spoiled and drive too many cars and have too much money ,the greed of people works it way to say, ehhhh I want something "better". once again I'm sure it's amazing, I have just come to the conclusion supported by Roy that I think people were wanting a more rough ride then the what everyone is saying is it's silky smooth..

why else again.... would people sell a "rare" car for list.... because it's not that desirable, thats why. if it was so desirable they would sell for 100k over, but they're not

buy one if you like, I'm done with the conversation about supply and demand, go buy one if they're that great, I would rather take my chance and buy something else. If I get a chance to drive one I will, but it's not really on my radar anymore, as I'm after a F40

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You are cross shopping an F40 and 720? Sure you are. hahaha. What a joke. Same clown asking how to get to a huge ass loan. Waste of time posting to you, you must be looking for the hotwheel versions.

liquid360 likes this.
  23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Here's my new 720s - picked is up Saturday. I'll provide a more detailed outline in the Mclaren section.

Boomhauer and cgt000 like this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Congratulations great car

25. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name: