2019/ 20 Corvette ZR1 | FerrariChat

2019/ 20 Corvette ZR1

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 09Scuderia, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    ordered a Zr1 today. Should arrive Q4 2018 or Q1 2019. Couldn't resist. 775 HP. Car is setting track records even out doing the ACR Extreme.

Specs TBD, but the all in $$ will be around $140k.

Anyone else have these beasts on their radars?

LARRYH likes this.
  2. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Yes, me too ...

Sebring Orange. With the wild aero kit. I'm all in.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  3. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    Did you guys have any trouble getting an allocation? Manual or Auto?

4. ExoticCarWorld

Mar 19, 2012
    Keller TX. DFW
    Full Name:
    Mike Weaver
    I'm in. Ordered. Deposit in. But not in build yet.

Dark grey, coupe, big wing, stick, black int, blue stitching, blue calipers (not to late to change options since not in build yet).

Easy to waffle on this one! I could switch out any of these options and still be happy! Convertible would be awesome but can't track some events... Paddles likely faster in all aspects but as much fun? Love the unique orange options but I'm wanting a more traditional muscle look. I would get black, but want all the carbon to contrast. Short wing definitely nice, but 1st time on the track I'd be thinking "what if I had the big wing" all day long =) So who knows what the build sheet will say when we push the send button.

Thoughts?

458 already in garage...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Depends on how you plan to use the car. Is it mainly for the track? Do you really want the A8 over the M7? If I were to get one, and I am on the fence right now, it would be a convertible with M7 and be my long trip car. I don't do track days as much anymore anyway and if I were to get back into it I would get a dedicated track car, not this.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
  7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I'm still not completely warmed-up to the styling of the latest generation corvette (of course that hasn't stopped me from ordering a new ZR1 or two) ... but dammit this ^^ hood is a thing of pure beauty!

of2worlds, LARRYH and jm2 like this.
  9. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, very classic.

Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic is a new color and looks good on the Corvette Configurator:

The color looks almost like a wrap but I'm worried it may not look so good in person:

Anybody seen one for real in the wild?

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes, that’s how I took the photo of the yellow car

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I am strongly considering a sebring orange package zr1 coupe .....just love the hood ..
    I have owned maybe 40 corvettes over the years and still have. 3......
    This would be my first C7 cause just have had the urge but this ZR1 is something else

of2worlds and werewolf like this.
  12. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    The Sebring Orange is gorgeous. Looks like the Lambo orange I had on our 2011 570-4. We have a garage full of European cars and love them all. Everything from a 2016 4c to a 2014 Aventador Roadster.

Mostly out of curiosity, just bought a 2015 z28 for $43k with 800miles the other day. The car is a complete hoot. I had no idea. We have a C63S and the Z28 is 1000xs more engaging. I feel foolish for not knowing how far along American cars have come. My personal biases got in my own way.

If the Zr1 is indeed a track monster it will be impossible to deny that America has matched the Europeans. When the reports start coming back from amateur track events that the Zr1 doesn't break and bests hypercars, game over. For a ton less cash.

If one is willing to set aside the brand and just look at the product, win for American cars. Seriously, without discounts, a loaded Zr1 is less than $150k. What does that get you on the European car front that in any way compares?

GM appears to have plans to sell as many of these as they can. I suspect that this time next year with the mid-engined car breaks cover the Zr1s will be discounted.

ForzaV12, anunakki and of2worlds like this.
  13. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Post pics of the Z28, please

14. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I shall. It is being matte clear bra'ed this week....everything will have a matte finish except the black bits.

For reference, this is a 2015 with AC and 'stereo' that had less than 1000 miles. Paid $43,500.

Car has the usual performance bits, cam, headers, tune. The Trofeo Rs may be replaced with a tire that will allow me to use it even if it rains. Had the car to my local favorite road (Lime Creek for those of you in the ATX area) and it was brilliant. No understeer, no plowing, understeered when requested. I honestly had no idea how amazing these cars are.

don't believe me, Chris Harris had one imported to the UK! https://twitter.com/harrismonkey/status/900730797925298177

She is a big boned gal at 3600lbs but honestly doesn't feel heavy. feels special. I read about the z28 specific LS7 After I bought it. Same as the previous gen Z06 with many upgrades. In other words, a LS7+. Anyway, if you have room for another fun car...cant go wrong with a 14/15 Z28.

lashss and ralfabco like this.
  15. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    LARRYH and carguyjohn350 like this.
  17. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I really hope you did that as a joke, otherwise....

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    The Z28 was so under the radar. Unless you were open minded about car brands and/or a track rat then you never heard about it. It is the only 427ci model they released and it flies. Yes the current ZL1 will top it but who cares? The Z28 was a bare bone badass car and very few of them out there. You got a keeper.

19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I agree Eric.

Only motor heads know what it is. here in Texas there are a billion Camaros so this car blends in. Perfect. Unlike the Aventador....

20. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    First cars have reached the dealers this week! Now if only we could get Chris Harris to do a test drive in one. Would love to get his thoughts on it.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw one driving around the other day. You would think the big wing is what to get on this car, but its really the smaller wing that fits it best.

I'd love it if it was naturally aspirated.

22. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    One showed up at the Texas Mile event over the weekend. Taking the areo stuff off it punched out a 190mph mile! That is getting it done.

G. Pepper and Jo Sta7 like this.
  23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Leno wrote an article in ocatane about going 206 in one, said it was a non event, contrastihg with his carerra GT spin a few years back.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  24. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    of2worlds and k wright like this.
  25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I saw three of the factory testers driving around a few months ago, they had wrapped fenders and bumpers. But the Hood looks pretty good and the big Wing is wild.