Life can throw you curves | FerrariChat

Life can throw you curves

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by darkkaangel, Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yesterday I had a heart attack at 51 years of age. In spite of me being very healthy and in good shape turns out I had a 90% blockage in the main artery of my heart from plaque build up. They installed stints in the artery to fix it and everything is good, the road is apparently not the only thing with curves. Looking forward to getting out of the hospital and back on the road in my 348.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

360Tom, ryalex and Texas Forever like this.
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Very sorry to hear. Glad it seems no major damage done. Get well soon. My best.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow! Such a close call! Glad it turned out well. Emphasizes the importance of an annual physical starting later in life.

4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Sorry to hear, Jeff! Hope you get better and enjoy your 348. Your car was one of the first I looked at attentively a few years ago when I decided I want to go down the F-car path.

5. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    So sorry to hear about this Jeff. But, am glad you are OK.

You look so different in your pics from the old Haus of Pizza days. Hope you feel much better soon, and ride that beautiful 348.

Best Wishes,
    Dom

6. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Glad you are doing better, see you soon!!

7. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Hope you recover quickly..life is a series of curves...lucky we can take the
    F cars to navigate us along the way...

8. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Sorry to hear, Jeff! Hope you make a speedy recovery!

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Sorry to hear it. All the best on a speedy recovery!

10. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yikes Jeff
    All my best thoughts your way!!!!

Did you have any warning signs or it jut happens?

Hope it wan't the stooge foods :)

11. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My dads side of the family has a history of heart problems and I guess I am unfortunately continuing the tradition.
    Thanks Everyone.
    No signs before Tim, I just got hit with chest pain on my right side and my right arm went numb while at work on Friday morning.
    I went to the ER and they ran some quick blood work and then admitted me immediately and I was like oh great.
    They found the problem after doing an angiogram on me and then went in to fix it by installing the 2 stints into the main artery.
    The docs were very confused at first as they kept saying I am in very good shape and the pain and numbness being on my right side instead of traditional left but the blood work told them something was wrong so they said the angiogram was the gold standard and would find the problem and it did.
    Resting at home now.
    My dads side of the family has a history of heart problems and I guess I am unfortunately continuing the tradition.

12. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

As long as you know whats happening you just have a new normal routine to stay on top of. I look at things like this a blessing to keep me going to the dr, they know what they are doing

See you at stooge :)

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    WOW SCARY! I'm 50. In Shape and "think" I'm healthy.

14. evo+supra

evo+supra Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2010
    Wow that is very scary. I hope you make a fast recovery and are able to manage this condition safely.

15. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I started out like you, and later had a pacemaker installed. Now I'm coming up on 94, so cheer up. It sounds as if they are doing the right thing. Best! Ed

Mang, Ak Jim and aln like this.
  16. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    First Arnold and now you. Hope you’re feeling better. Sadly there won’t be too much driving for about 3-6 months. Get the pillow! Hang in there! Each day gets better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TKSA

TKSA Rookie

Apr 21, 2006
    LA
    Wish you a speedy recovery, feel better !

18. FourthAlfa

FourthAlfa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 15, 2015
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Andrew Love
    wow Jeff, sorry to heat that, but glad to know that you are on the mend!!

19. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Get better soon, your 348 misses you.

20. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Wow! Glad you are back home. If you need anything PM me. OK you got 1 month to get back in shape. Next Stoogapolussa grilled wild Salmon is on the menu, wild rice and asparagus. I think our group is out growing chicken wings.

21. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I am blown by your post... So glad you are ok. Wish you speedy recovery brother.

22. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hey Jeff,

I just read you post and seriousy am quite surprised as you definitely don't look like the "heart attack type". I hope that you're doing well and hope to see you soon. Chelsea and I wish you the best!

Kevin

23. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks Everyone, I am doing well.
    No sex or other strenuous activities for 30 days and a lot of pills I have to take but I am feeling good.
    Look forward to driving my 348 again soon.

24. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. You will definitely have to take a look at things you eat, exercise you get, and stress are work. I had mine almost nine years ago at 49. I had 60% blockage in two arteries and 100% in one, the lower right anterior I hink they call it. It's not the widow Maker. I have three stents and still have the one blocked. My heart is relying on a bunch of ''baby" veins that grew around my lower heart over the years as he blockage developed.
    My cholesterol is not high, ldl is in the 90's and hdl is in the mid 30's. I'm 5'9" and about 175lbs so I don't look like the part. My doc doesn't like my low hdl andfor me that's affected by exercise. My father has had the same problems which required his carotid arteries scrapped in his early 70's and a double bypass at 78. He is now 90 so there's hope.
    Look up stuff on diets and modify some of your eating habits to get your b/p and cholesterol under control. Moderation is he key for me but I don't deny myself and indulge in a steak or whatever. Just once every 2-3 months if at all. Those things have really become less important. I have friends that continue to press me to go onto a complete plant based diet but that's not for me.
    I was supposed to take 8 weeks off but I got the doctor to let me go back at 4 weeks as I was more stressed staying home.

Hope your recovery goes well and you get back to your 348 as soon as possible! Please ask if you've got any questions I'd be happy to share my experience.

25. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Dont know about you but I think that the longest two hours of my life were laying in recovery after the stents were put in and you have to lay completely flat for two or so without any movement!