Ferrari mechanics Buffalo, Rochester | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari mechanics Buffalo, Rochester

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by retired, Jan 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I would highly recommend Cantech in North Syracuse. Give Rocco Cannata a call and stop down there and take a look at his shop. I just had a Major Service done on my 512TR and I was impressed with their thoroughness and feedback during the process. I live in Rochester and just drove the car there for the work. It is stored there for the balance of the winter.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Forgot those. The Black F12 is Jeremy Jacobs, Jr. I saw it in fall as he was right in front of me going into EA. He parked right by Rick's on Main (assuming he was going there for dinner) - I parked right in front of him and introduced myself. Very nice guy. I've seen that silver 360 before but I've not seen it in a while (spider - right?)

3. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hi Peter - I've heard of that shop a few times now - good to hear they are solid.

Is this your car in the pic? would love to meet up in summer and see it live :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Heard the f12 was jacobs. The silver 360 is not a spyder, but there is one I've seen in town. And my buddy Dom has a black on black 430. We gotta get them all together !

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That one is a spider - right? If it's the same one, I've seen it at C&C a few years ago before Matt made it a car show advertising on FB ;) (I have not gone in a couple years now as it's just out of control and not what C&C is supposed to be). Perhaps we should start an all Ferrari (private) gathering..

RossoC360 likes this.
  6. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Dom's is also a coupe but yeah I would love to get all the Ferrari guys together I think that would be a lot of fun and Dom usually has his serviced at Black Forest right across from the airport

7. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Dave, that is not my car in the photo. I believe Rocco told me he has two other 512TRs that he services. Here is my car at Cantech.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I believe that would have been Bobcor Motors, owned by Bob Cozza, and an Alfa Romeo dealer. A friend of mine bought a 1965 275 GTB, short nose car in British Racing Green in approximately 1972 from Bobcor. Subsequently, he sold it later in the 1970s for about $8500.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Peter - Beautiful! I'd love to see it. Are you familiar with Olcott beach? I think it's about 1/2 way between Buffalo and Rochester - would be great to setup a private, Ferrari owners (Rochester and Buffalo) meet there on a nice summer day.

Mechanical Dad likes this.
  10. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We could always use my shop in Orchard Park as a meeting point, private parking lot/car space to hang out in, I could supply food and drinks.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ditto - except that makes a far drive for guys in Rochester and as much as I love your place (and mine), Olcott is pretty darn nice ;)

12. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Olcott sounds like a possibility for sure. Hopefully they will have repaired the washboard surface on the Lake Ontario State Parkway.

13. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bob, I sent you a pm.

14. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Got it.

15. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Last I knew the parkway was still as bumpy as the moon. It's unfortunate because it would be a great road if the fixed it. There's always 104 or 18 to come in on too.

16. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok. I am sending Dave my email address to keep me in the loop on this.

17. PreppyRockrChick

Jan 22, 2018
    WNY
    Full Name:
    Jules
    hey, has anyone every brought their cars to Village Imports on Transit Rd East Amherst? I stopped by there today, and they said they work on old Ferrari’s. Anyone have any reviews or anything on this place?

of2worlds likes this.
  18. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I service all my cars in house but have always heard good things about village and know they have a fair amount of experience with Ferrari's.

PreppyRockrChick likes this.
  19. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Spoke to them before I bought my car and they were very knowledgeable. I do all my own work, but it's nice to have someone to go to if need be. Towns Maserati has a few Ferrari tech's also I've been told.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That's news to me.

Their 1st Maserati tech was a tech from another franchise they have (not BMW, Mazada perhaps). I met him as he installed (struggled) a new proxi file in my Maserati. Nice guy will like zero experience. He was telling me the proxi file would not work on my car (for aux input). I pulled out the tech bulletin and showed him my car falls within the assembly number range so it will work. He then proceeded to argue with me that the last 6 of the VIN is the assembly number until I opened up the hood and showed him the tag ;) And, the proxi file worked just fine :)

21. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Weird. I spoke to the service manager a few months ago about service and he told me he had guys who were able to service them and they had a few newer ones in the shop too. Oh well

22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ask them where they got the Ferrari techs from? :D And, I highly doubt they even have enough service work to support 2 techs ;)

23. PreppyRockrChick

Jan 22, 2018
    WNY
    Full Name:
    Jules

That’s disappointing. I wasn’t real impressed with the place on Transit. They weren’t very nice, and the guy wasn’t knowledgeable. My Dad said there is a place in Toronto that can probably service my car. I’ll get the name of the place and post it.

24. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    There are several good shops in Toronto but I would keep the car in the states to avoid the border crossing (potential) issues - take it to Scuderia Performonte

RossoC360 likes this.