FF - Full Body Film | FerrariChat

FF - Full Body Film

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Sonicsound, Apr 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Who has filmed their entire FF with a protective film. I am considering doing the entire vehicle (except the sunroof). The frontend and side panels are currently filmed but thought I would go all the way. Your recommendations and experience are welcome!

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Im getting my Lusso fully wrapped in Xpel PFF in 2 weeks. It appears to be the best film out there. Installation is key though, and it’s probably better to get a cheaper film well installed than an expensive one installed by a monkey. I’ll take pictures and share about the whole experience when I get the car back.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Sonicsound and R J like this.
  3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Go to the xpel site turns out they do make precut kits for the FF. They list retail pricing but in my experience the installers charge want they want but retail on the precut product in not cheap. That pricing is not including labor. I have had xpel, but on vibrant colors (like red) suntek film seems to look much better. Also self healing.

Sonicsound likes this.
  4. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    I am curious to learn peoples experience with a full body film. Do you lose the luster of the unprotected paint? Does the rear of the car absorb all the exhaust pollutants? Would you do it again?

Thanks for all the feed back thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    A god installation of either Xpel or Suntek should see minimal loss of lustre. I used suntek ultra for the first time on my 812 and I think it has greater optical clarity and maybe a fraction less ‘orange peel’ effect compared to my xpel wrapped cars. There are other PPF films out there now but I don’t have any experience with these. Just make sure the installer is a pro and cares about their work.

Sonicsound likes this.
  6. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I did the full film (Xpel) 2 years ago with no regrets. Had the paint fully detailed before the PPF and there is minimal luster difference with my tri-color paint. I treat the film like paint and do wax it we

7. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I did the full film (Xpel) 2 years ago with no regrets. Had the paint fully detailed before the PPF and there is minimal luster difference with my tri-color paint. I treat the film like paint and do wax it when required.

8. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    What would you expect to pay for a full Xpel on the FF?

Thanks

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Why is 3M Scotchgard Pro always ignored? I'm not saying anyone in particular in this thread, but I always see it as Xpel vs Suntek. 3M will warranty damage from rocks up to $3,500 in repairs (remove film, repaint, place new film) if you have an authorized installer do your install. The other brands don't offer a warranty like that. I don't have any of these brands, but from tests I've seen 3M holds up just as well if not better and their company is much larger than the other two. Maybe their earlier films from years ago weren't as good.

Sonicsound likes this.
  10. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    I’ve seen many cars my installer Premier in Fremont has done. Full car coverage looks the same visually. If you get a good installer most people won’t even know there is a clear bra on the car.

Sonicsound likes this.
  11. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I was asked EUR 6500 for a full wrap for my Lusso.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    I’ve done all my cars full clear bra including my FF. Just FYI, the film cost to do a complete FF is about $1200. So paying $6k means the installer is making almost $5k for 2 days of work.

Luckily my close friend owns a film business. I pay about $2500 for a full wrap (covers film cost and his 2 guys labor)

Just FYI, a 50ft roll of 60” xpel ultimate film or subtle is about $1100 and a 100ft roll of 30” is about $600.

The hood and roof is done with 60” and the rest of car can be done with 30”

Not sure since when clear bra guys need to make $2k a day in labor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonicsound likes this.
  13. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SCUD getting clear bra re done since it’s about 10 years old. Paint was brand new underneath when we removed the existing film which was xpel.

Sonicsound likes this.
  14. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I've always been very fond of all 3M products. Had installed 3M Pro (latest version) on my new 991 TTS, after 6 months and little mileage, there was an issue with the film. I no longer wanted to use the same authorized "excellent' 3M installer, so called 3M, they said would cover the claim to replace film, however needed to use original installer. Escalated to no available. So at least in my case, I expected better customer service for a warranty claim. At my expense, I removed the 6 month film and replaced with Xpel.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That seems pretty unfair on their end that they make you go to the same installer for warranty work even if there are other authorized installers for the products. What happens if you move across the country and have warranty issues? Still only the original guy can repair work? Seems like pretty bad customer service...

16. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    After what time period are folks replacing their PPF? Assuming you are keeping your car for an extended period of time.

Thanks for all the input - keep it coming! I was quoted $5k for the remaining surfaces of my car (current they car front end and rockers are fully filmed). I thought that was a bit on the high side and plan to get other quotes.

17. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Any insight on how often (number of years) people replace their film?

After
    5 Years?
    6 Years?
    8 Years?
    10 Years?

18. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Just re did my scud. Was 9 years old. I re did my 360 at about the 10 year mark.

Sonicsound likes this.
  19. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Thanks CrazyMD.

Does anyone else have experience they could share regarding replacement frequency?