FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Bummer, you're not going to be able to fast forward through them! :D

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    375+, stavura, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Speedy recovery to Fracesco!

Congrats Seb

Kimi, can't catch a break! (pun intended)

Congrats Gasly and Toro Rosso Honda!!

Alonso solid in the points.

Elton still sucks.

5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    After two races who'd have thought Alonso would be sitting 4th in the championship and McLaren would be 3rd. Always there collecting those points, too bad he doesn't have a faster car.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    daytona355 likes this.
  7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    It really was a test of skill. Maybe we can extrapolate from this that a Ferrari out front in clean air and softs can last almost as long as a Mercedes following behind in dirty air on mediums. This was almost as nail-biting as Alexander Rossi’s Indy-winning finish when he ran out of fuel on the last lap.

And of course we are duly concerned about the injured crewman, but let’s also not forget that up to that point, it was likely that Kimi would have been on the podium instead of Lewis.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Seb's reaction is priceless!

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sebs thinking ‘how many times have you made the same move Max did, and your supporters think you are god? You’re the dick head Elton’

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura and Finlander like this.
  11. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I think there are a lot of us in that same minority. these new guys speak too fast to be clearly understood a lot of the time. The telecast was smoother & actually began before and lasted after the event. Now it gets cut off either in the beginning or end. Hope they work out the bugs.

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You should be a fiction story writer

13. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN

For someone who hates Hamilton the only thing you've been able to contribute to this thread is your distaste in whatever he does. Daytona I've seen you actually post thoughtful and insightful posts, but lately you're so infatuated with Hamilton that all of your post look like your just trying to trigger a fight with a Lewis support. Enough is enough, you've made your point, you hate the man. Get back to the old Daytona that actually had something worth posting.

ktu likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Glad you say that...... I have been writing a book of comedy fiction, based around formula one. I had started a thread where I was going to try out some of the ideas, but unfortunately it was deemed that the F1 section wouldn’t be able to differentiate between comedy and fact, and might be unable to take things as a joke.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    This is the race thread, where I can post whatever I like about the race, including trash talk about any driver I want too.

I post plenty of intelligent posts everywhere else in the F1 section, so I’m more than happy with anything I’ve posted here. Trying to draw attention to me disliking elton doesn’t make him any better a man you know. Did you miss his whining and moaning on the radio today, I bet his engineer was totally fed up by the end. I heard that even the Samaritans put the phone down if elton rings them up for a chat :) :)

Finlander, stavura, furoni and 2 others like this.
  16. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I miss Hobbsie.... :(

Glad to have Brundle onboard, however. He has 100X the credibility of Buxton whilst stalking the pit lane pre-race.

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Actually it should of been a few laps before Kimis stop. Or SEB shouldn't of chased down LH after is first stop. he was 7 Seconds back when he came outand he should of closed the gap to 2 seconds, because LH pitted a lap or two after Seb passed him. He could of used those two seconds at the end. Seems like Ferrari for the past 8ish or so years always leaves a driver out to long.

18. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    watched the replay on the ESPN app with no commercials, great stuff!

On line I found replays of the Verstappen vs. Hamilton move, and it sure looked to me like Max passed Hamilton, came around the corner, and then had to evade Alonso right in front of him. By going wider, it was hello HAM, contact, and flat tire and HAM not liking VER. Now, I suppose that Max could have just gotten inside HAM and then seen a McLaren and then just slowed down (letting HAM get back ahead of him), but it seems to me that Max just tracked out and HAM didn't back down, so we had contact. Seems to me that since there was no penalty from the stewards, it was clean racing. On the other hand, if your own actions cause damage to your own car they probably tend to NOT penalize you, so maybe that's what happened too.

How about Magnussen coming oh so close to contact at least twice and having to run off track? Aggressive or is he a wild man? I'm rooting for the Haas guys, so I was happy that he didn't ruin his race! Later when he was being held up by Grosjean (right before Grosjean pitted for the 2nd time), I think KMAG was a bit rude on the radio, so I wonder what the team was doing there...surely they knew GRO was going to pit and that he didn't need to hold up MAG?

Alfa Sauber somehow does a 1 stop and Ericsson gets 2 points. Wow. I don't think we'll see that again, but will be cheering for the Ferrari powered Alfas to improve.

I'll disagree with the Bottas critics a bit, because he somehow got past Kimi, probably due to Kimi's wheel spin, but holy crap, he was on old tires at the end too, so whether or not Mercedes was holding him back hoping HAM would get by, who knows.

One more thing I didn't see anyone mention in this thread and I didn't see any video of, but MAX started 15th right? HAM started 9th? HOW IN THE WORLD DID Max blow by 5 cars and then HAM into turn 1? Just asking for a friend!

19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Guys how hurt was Francesco Cigarini? Any updates or info?

20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Fern is 1 point away from equaling his entire tally from last year, and the team is 8 points away from the same. It's not all roses, though. They still make weird strategy decisions and they made a cement mixer chassis. Eric should be getting his CV ready, it seems.

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm disappointed that Kimi didn't even go to say two words to the crew member laying on the ground.

Had any other driver that ignored an injured mate *cough*hamilton* there would be some very vocal voices saying what an ******* they are.

subirg and ktu like this.
  22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    oh man saw a bunch of youtube videos. Aw my God his leg is severely damaged from the looks of it,. FORZA FRANCESCO FORZA!!!!!!!

23. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I just saw that MAX vs. HAM was on lap two, so ignore my dumb question previously, Verstappen now wondering why Hamilton didn't get penalized.
    On the replay you could argue that Max still left Hamilton "almost" a car's width on the track, so I think Brundle's comment about "where was Hamilton supposed to go" was a bit too much.

24. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Indeed, they did a great job...and without any commercials. What about that?

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I was watching for that.
    Kimi went to the garage, looked over, saw all the medics working, and seemed to decide it was best to stay out of their way.
    Probably the right call.

375+, stavura, Bas and 4 others like this.