Allocation and deposit ?’s | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Allocation and deposit ?’s

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bpolsky, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    If you think that's tough, check out cars like SL63 and 911 turbos... Unfortunately, depreciation is usually the rule on most cars. In % terms, Ferraris tend to do well, but in dollar terms it can be fairly large numbers.

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Totally agree, I was trying to be greedy and see if someone really wanted to grab it however my plan of using the tax savings for the Lusso didn't work so I am way more inclined to take it back if I don't decent $$, I love my convertibles! Personally I think everyone is waiting for the Portofino, we will see what happens :)

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. bpolsky

bpolsky Rookie

Nov 4, 2017
    No joke. First time Ferrari buyer. Thanks for the remark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bpolsky

bpolsky Rookie

Nov 4, 2017
  5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    TDF Blue bud..

of2worlds, bpolsky and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Reduced my price today from CDN 289 to 279 to give it one last push before I pull it off the market.

7. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Just to be sure, that price is in CAD not USD. It would be roughly $230K USD?

Also Ferrari does not want you moving a car from Canada to US. You would need to get approval from FNA to keep the warranty and maintenance valid.

Then you need to swap out the speedometer cluster. Canada will be KPH and in US we have MPH. Might want to swap out the temperature controls too.

You need to pay a import tariff. 2.85% roughly.

I purchased my California T in Canada and imported to US. I believe the effort was worth it.

One other perk.. I wanted the car 100% Xpel wrapped. To do it in US was $9K. To do it in Canada was $5K. And I received a 25% discount for the exchange rate.

This California T looks awesome!

8. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    about $221,000 USD?

9. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Cars like that make things difficult. Was thinking a shade of red for the first Ferrari, now you throw in a gorgeous car like that and it has me thinking TDF Blue or Ellectrico. Makes one go crazy trying to choose.

GLWS, whomever gets that CaliT HS is going to love it. The color/spec is striking.

10. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Haha.. honestly I have never ever in my life received more oohs and aahhs about a cars colour combination then this CaliforniaTHS. Hence the reason I am really sitting strong on the price, its in an amazing ride and I can't believe how much they raised the Portofino price (%13) so there is some dang good value in my spec. My only reason to sell would be to manage parking spots and not have to store a car offsite somewhere.

Thank you..

11. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Uk based as well.

Was lucky enough to go to portofino last year. Put 20k refundable deposit down. Just back from Italy as well after the atelier. It’s very special to go through the process at Maranello!

They are stating end July into September for delivery as I was about the first to put a deposit down.

We will see!!

12. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Just been to Maranello and did the Atelier too.

There were a load of options not showing on the dealer configurator that were available. Definitely worth the trip.

Still no sight of a UK car but a lot of overseas dealer Portofino's and a few customer cars going down the production line.

13. ESH222

ESH222 Rookie

Sep 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Samuli H
    Was there any major options like Daytona seats available in Atelier? Could you please list a few most interested ones you saw in Atelier. I have already spec´d mine at local dealer but probably still could make some changes.

14. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The PF Configurator isn't complete. Go to the Cali T Configurator and you will see the seat options that will probably be available on the PF. The PF option sheet from my dealer shows Daytona seats $4978 and Daytona leather or Alcantara inserts $844.

15. ESH222

ESH222 Rookie

Sep 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Samuli H
    Any chance you could share the price list, public or PM? Last time I spoke with me dealer a few weeks ago there was no Daytona seats available at least in Europe.

16. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    My dealer said that options and required equipment vary by market. For example,I get stuck with HELE (required) and an ugly lump on the top of the trunk lid that is for something that I don't want (Nav,I think). But Ferrari makes lots of money from seat options. I am sure that Daytona seats will be available for you. They weren't on my dealer's Configurator a few weeks ago,but they showed up on the list when I ordered a PF several days ago. Keep checking.

17. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
  18. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    What about ventilation/cooling?

19. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Can someone post the Portofino brochure? Thank you

20. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    Here's the brochure..... Leo

Attached Files:

tomc and GlowRed like this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Not available on these seats.

22. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for the brochure. Much appreciated.

23. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Ventilated seats were an option when I did my Atelier last week. Not on the dealer configurators yet though.

tomc likes this.
  24. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I spent a good number of minutes at the HR Owen London Atelier trying to work the seat cushion length adjuster. The dealer and I were both looking for a handle under the seats, when now I can see it's adjusted from the infotainment system :)

25. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I just received the US brochure for the month of April 2018 and there was no indication of ventilated seats......