360: does anyone own both 3 pedal and 2003 or newer F1 and prefer the 3 pedal? | FerrariChat

360: does anyone own both 3 pedal and 2003 or newer F1 and prefer the 3 pedal?

Discussion in '360/430' started by efes9, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Very specific question, I know, but am curious. Also if someone has this combo, for how long have you had both simultaneously?

KC360 FL likes this.
  2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I have a 3-pedal 360, a 430 Scuderia (F1), and a 360 Challenge race car (they are all F1). If I could have only one it would likely be the 3-pedal 360... but like they say, "you love all your children". Note that there are more differences between the Scud and the 3-pedal 360 coming into play, and the 360 Challenge obviously can't go on the road, so perhaps not exactly the opinion you were looking for. I have had them all for years.

whatheheck and espvh like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if you are asking 360 6 speed vs f1 its not even a question - the 6 speed. if you cld get a 360 with 458 F1 then it wld be a tougher decision.

RossoC360 and SoftwareDrone like this.
  4. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Another manual v F1 trollfest.......awesome. Just what we nee :D

5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Some ppl will always be 3 pedal people...an upgraded TCU will not change that, OP.
    I think both can be appreciated for their own merits.
    For me, the simplicity of gated was a key factor in my purchase, and the benefits of F1 had little value for something primarily used on streets. Others will fell differently. They are both cool in their own ways.

Mickster likes this.
  6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I think you’re being quick to accuse him of being a troll based on this thread. Perhaps lazy to do his own research, but that’s pretty common on this site. Ferrari owners or prospective owners seem to be used to being catered to.
    I think we could all strive to be more patient with new members.

7. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Possibly so but not intended that way. There’s plenty of trolls on both sides of the fence....so apols if the OP in new, as I didn’t check the post count.

All these threads (and many others that start off unrelated) go the same direction and it’s been beaten to death.

We should all be grateful we own these cars rather that have stupid arguments about peddle count and the merits of both.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I think it’s a legit question for someone truly on the fence. Problem is never read or met someone truly not sure.. :)

9. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    BS! That is just your opinion!! I've driven both and I prefer F1. I've done my fair share of driving them like you stole them. F1 all the way!
    Let's think here for a minute, when I was building a drag car what did I want? Fast shifting and smooth acceleration, I ran Hurst V-Gate 4 speed. If I had the option for an F1 I would've jumped at it.

For gods sake, it's just what you want to do and how you want to do it. Why are you asking for someone else's opinion on what they like?
    Some guys like guys, nothing wrong with that but does that make you want guys then? :rolleyes:

Take them both for a ride, decide what you like and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

Flea7, gperson and Bob in Makiki like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    BS my a**. I own them all. the 360 f1 is a pig compared to 430 f1, 458 f1. thats a fact.

11. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Is this like what the great Bob Akin said about the 935: “You can’t make a race car out of a pig… but you can make an awfully fast pig.”

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have a a 5 speed manual F40, 6 speed manual 360, and F1 F430. I have had that combination of cars for several years. I love a manual transmission in the right car and an F-1 transmission in the right car. In my humble opinion, the 360 is the last car where the manual version is better than the paddle shift and it happens to be one of the nicest manual cars that Ferrari made. In the F430, I give a slight edge to the paddle shift. Yes, I have driven both. I would never fault someone for preferring a manual in the F430. It's an awesome car with either configuration. For the 360, the manual version is exceptional.

eyeman1234 and mchas like this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dam sherpa cramping my style again!
    I'm flattered!
    Sherpa is one guy who says something and I will bow down.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

sherpa23 likes this.
  14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Hahaha! Puhleeze! No one could possibly cramp your style.

The reality is that there's no need for another F1 vs manual debate. There are plenty of cars out there to choose from and people can make their own choices. Just make sure you drive both first before you decide and go with your heart, not your wallet.

15. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Well, I'm in the middle of converting a 2000 360 F1 to manual if that counts. :)

I have driven both manual versions of the 360 and 430 as well as F1 cars in the 360, 430, and 458 range. I also take care of an Enzo, which has the old F1 system in it and is the car's only weak point IMO. Keep in mind this isn't a fault of the car it's just dated technology when compared to the 458 F1 system. The 458 and later F1 system is so far advanced that you can't help feeling the older system is weakr in comparison. Of course, someday the 458 will be considered "old" as well. That's the crux of having cars with the "latest" tech. I suppose a 6 speed three pedal car is the oldest tech you can get. :)

I think from a collectible standpoint the manual versions will fare better due to lesser numbers and manual nostalgia. Otherwise just buy what you personally enjoy the most and not worry about what others think. I love, love, love the 458 F1 but I still prefer manual cars for street driving. As has been said many times drive them both and see which you prefer.