Le Belle Macchine Pocono? | FerrariChat

Le Belle Macchine Pocono?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Peter K., Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Is the show still a yearly event? I did some searching and found nothing recent.
    Attended a few times in the past and might in PA in June.
    If not, is there a replacement in Mid or Eastern PA?

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    I attended the event about 3 or 4 years ago. That was the last time that i know it was held. Event was at Skytop resort.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I think I was at that event. The show was on the Golf course but the evening dinner at another place - I forget the name. Large castle like place in the woods.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
  5. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I too miss this event but I believe it is no more.

I have not heard of any plans in a few years.

The track event was terrific.

6. chrlsstyles

chrlsstyles Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved going to this show. I wish they would bring it back.

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yes, found out it has been over for a few years now. From what I understand, some the folks who use to attend make the trip to Pittsburgh for the vintage race at the park. Big event, hot as hell in July, and one crazy race course that remind me of the Isle of Man TT. lol

Would be nice though to have it back in Eastern PA as I lot of NY NJ guys liked attending. But as I can attest, putting on a show is big work.

8. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I am pretty sure there were two shows about 2 weeks apart or so. Apparently the car clubs and organizers could not get along and split into two shows. Now, I do not think either exists anymore.

I never made it to either one, always confused about which one to attend, and now there is none...

My Maserati is celebrating its 30th starting in August and I would love to find a mid-Atlantic event to take it to.

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

That's really, really old news. That was over with and the single show went on and prospered for many years after that reaching new heights. It's too bad you didn't make it to the real event. But then big car shows in general fell out of favor and Cars & coffee events prospered so a lot of folks stopped coming.

But yes, the NE Maserati club disintegrated because of the the director of TMC and his underhanded activities such as sending false announcements out to people like yourself which did confuse some people. TMC functions well everywhere else in the nation cooperating with MCI & MIE quite nicely unlike the history of it here in the NE so there you go. The then leader of the Pantera Club also split from the event and those two tried to put on an event of their own for several years along with the local Corvette club and that eventually faded away. He was booted from the Pantera club for that.

But I beleive the event's name Le Belle Macchine d'Italia was adopted after all of that controversy. This event was originally founded in 1989. The second pseudo show lasted only a couple of years.